Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Omniscia
Jebus, this week is a shocker! I won't say any more, even in spoilers, but, man, this is going to change the entire dynamic of the show...
Ingram
Wow... just... wow. Now that's an episode!
Omniscia
Holy frick! The last four seconds of tonight's episode are barely describable. The final two episodes of this season will be more tense than ever before.
Ingram
You tease, it's not even online yet. But there again I have other downloads on the go as well. I guess I'll have to get it tonight and watch it tomorrow.
Svein
OH MY GOOD CHRIST!!!!

THEY SHOT DOWN AIR-FORCE ONE?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm hoping that 23:00 - 00:00 has downloaded by the time I get home today...
Ingram
A rather good episode this week, although I agree that they arent sticking to the time theme quite as well as the first/second series. I also thought that the return of Richard Heller was a little bit shaky...
Sostie
QUOTE (Ingram @ May 19 2005, 05:16 PM)
A rather good episode this week, although I agree that they arent sticking to the time theme quite as well as the first/second series.  I also thought that the return of Richard Heller was a little bit shaky...

The bigger reveleation was the appearance of Mandy - the women who kidnaps Tony is the very same character than appears at the beginning of Day 1 (the sexy female assassin that blows up the plane) and who passes the virus onto President Palmer with the handshake at the end of Day 2 Now that was a real shocker/surprise.
Ingram
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2005, 06:52 PM)
Now that was a real shocker/surprise.

Yeah that was a good bit, but Richard Heller back wasn't good.
Sostie
QUOTE (Ingram @ May 19 2005, 05:54 PM)
Yeah that was a good bit, but Richard Heller back wasn't good.

Maybe not, but in a way necessary. When Heller was first interrorgated they had him hiding something so the interview/torture was prolonged. It would have been a plot hole left behind so making it a "personal" secret kind of ties it up. Also it was obvious they would not get any info from Marwan or his computer, so probably the best way was to get Heller unwittingly helping the terrorists and help lead CTU to the next lead. The only other ways would probably be have Marwan slip up (which would be unlikely) or have a random convenient piece of intelligence. It also helped explain how they new where/when to kidnap the Senator. That could have been explained with another mole but would meen another plotline to deal with.
Have to say, the China story was a little too quiet this week. And Tony getting into some kind of trouble was signposted the moment Curtis couldn't go on the raid for some flimsy reason.

Still brilliantly addictive TV
Ingram
No argument there biggrin.gif
Scorpius
24 has been renewed for two more seasons read more here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2005/05/19/19398.shtml
Ingram
Very nice, although that means that Jack's relationship with Audrey, that looked like it was slowly on the mend will definitely end.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2005, 01:52 PM)
The bigger reveleation was the appearance of Mandy - the women who kidnaps Tony is the very same character than appears at the beginning of Day 1 (the sexy female assassin that blows up the plane) and who passes the virus onto President Palmer with the handshake at the end of Day 2   Now that was a real shocker/surprise.

Mandy's reappearance has renewed hope for me that they might finally deal with the end of Day 2. Now, I never actually finished Day 3, so I don't know whether they dealt with it then, or not, but I was quite miffed at the beginning of it, when they didn't seem to mention it at all.

As for Tony, you knew something would happen to him the moment he and Michelle kissed and made up.
Ingram
QUOTE (Omniscia @ May 19 2005, 08:28 PM)
Mandy's reappearance has renewed hope for me that they might finally deal with the end of Day 2. Now, I never actually finished Day 3, so I don't know whether they dealt with it then, or not, but I was quite miffed at the beginning of it, when they didn't seem to mention it at all.

As for Tony, you knew something would happen to him the moment he and Michelle kissed and made up.

They dealt with in early on I thought. Saying the president was weak after his illness... or something like that. The actual biological threat was presented in the form of the dead body and the presidents condition wasnt related. It was just a cliffhanger ending in relation to a main and popular character.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Ingram @ May 19 2005, 03:50 PM)
They dealt with in early on I thought.  Saying the president was weak after his illness... or something like that.  The actual biological threat was presented in the form of the dead body and the presidents condition wasnt related.  It was just a cliffhanger ending in relation to a main and popular character.

Yeah, but there was no mention of an effort to find whomever had poisoned him. At least by giving it that little bit of lip service, they exceeded the wondrous dropping-of-the-narrative-ball Chris Carter managed, when nobody mentioned Agent Spender's disappearance following the Season 5 finale of The X-Files.
Ingram
I don't think they can be 100% who poisoned him, he touched so many people in the crowd and if they didn't know what exactly infected him then they have no real leads - no reason to persue anything like that...
thirtyhelens
Well, that's purely the writers' fault. They've given US no leads... they could revisit that story line at ANY time. (Or choose to give us another cougar. It's their prerogative.) I can only hope that when they decide "OK, this season is the last season" they decide to pay off all the big lingering questions. Like who hired Mandy to assassinate Palmer? And who was Nina REALLY working for? Etc., etc...

Gotta say, I did like this season, but the finale... Hmm. I'm not beside myself with excitement. Could be because I'm irritated at Surnow for his time-honored brand of cruelty. (Just reunite Tony and Michelle and enter Mandy, stage left...while you're at it, why don't you slice my heart out with a rusty bread knife, Joel? JEEEZ! wink.gif ) But I'm waiting to be blown away...

The thirty-second teaser for Alias's ender, on the other hand, nearly made me wee myself. You win this round, J-Brams...
Sostie
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ May 20 2005, 07:41 PM)
The thirty-second teaser for Alias's ender, on the other hand, nearly made me wee myself.  You win this round, J-Brams...

Well still got to do some catching up there (just about to watch ep 14)...but will Alias prove to be this seasons highlight over "24".....or is LOST going to blow them all out of the water?
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 20 2005, 11:50 AM)
Well still got to do some catching up there (just about to watch ep 14)...but will Alias prove to be this seasons highlight over "24".....or is LOST going to blow them all out of the water?

I was wrong the other day, Sos, Ep. 13 is where Alias jumps into gear. Enjoy!

Personally, the fact that Alias has come back with a vengence from shitty year 3 and so-so first half of year 4 make it the de facto winner. Lost could be champ but a lot is riding on next week's ender. This week's penultimate ep had some choice character development.

24? I still care about it, but I've been seeing other shows on the side.
Ingram
Looks like the US is having a double-bill on the 23rd May to mark the finale of the series. Should make for an interesting day of downloading on the 24th.
Omniscia
You are correct, sir. Two-hour (well, okay, 2x42 minutes) season finale.
Omniscia
Owwwww, my fingers are sore! Talk about a real nail-biter of a finale!

What happens by the end will potentially change the entire dynamic of the series, for good.
Scorpius
BBC One are to repeat the first season of 24
Read more here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2005/05/25/19569.shtml
Ingram
QUOTE (Omniscia @ May 24 2005, 03:09 AM)
Owwwww, my fingers are sore! Talk about a real nail-biter of a finale!

What happens by the end will potentially change the entire dynamic of the series, for good.

I've watched episode 23 and will watch 24 at the weekend... but I think I can guess what happens...
thirtyhelens
I actually, actually thought they had killed Jack off for a second there. Kudos for actually surprising me, guys - despite all the hanging plot threads it was a damn satisfying season. biggrin.gif

Most satisfying: Audrey the twit now thinks BOTH her men are dead. Ha fuckin' ha. Boy, I really liked her to begin with but now she can suffer. Suffer more. Simper and suffer. Heh.

Well, and also...: Tony and Michelle YAY!!! Reiko is the best actress this show's ever had and Michelle rocks. I would never have forgiven Joel & Co. if they took her Soul Patch away. *snerk*
Omniscia
But, of course, what ever happened to Behrooz Araz? We haven't heard a word from him since he was placed in Marwan's custody.

And what about the encrypted document Paul gave his life to protect?
Ingram
Definitely the best season, great stuff at the end. Although it does make me think that next season Jack coming back is going to have to be done with some great writing, and Tony and Michelle leaving... that might leave the show with a few holes in key places.
Sostie
Must be in the minority...thought it peaked 2 or 3 episodes early. I just felt a little let down - maybe was expecting another climax like previous seasons.

They obviously have something planned for a future season, otherwise I don't think they would have created such a difficult situation like Jack "walk(ing) the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Kane in Kung Fu." The whole China storyline was more for exiling Jack than getting a new lead and killing Paul

Got a feeling 2 things may happen in the next season:
1) 24 will be set outside LA
2) Jack will come out of the woodwork to help Kim out of some sort of triuble...perhaps another cougar "attack"

Now for the pickyness. The building that Mawan's helicopter was taking off from was a very tall building...in fact it was almost skyscraper height on Jack's approach. But when Marwan escaped he went down a couple flights of stairs and he was in a car park! Ans then when he fell (terrible special FX by the way), he only fell about 5 floors!

And they do seem to have let the real time concept go. Apart from everyone seeming to get from A to B in a matter of minutes (does every terrorist act or member hang out within a small vicinity of CTU), but how did they arrange the whole faking of Jacks death so quickly. Silly complaint I know, but the real time was one of the things I loved about the original

But apart from all that, still enjoyable, and its still rare to find a show that doesn't dissapoint for 95% of the time.

One other thing. Anyone else see the amount of similarities - plot wise and the real time concept - of the first season to the Johnny Depp film "Nick Of Time". When 24 started I was surprised that no one seemed to reference that film in any reviews or features.
Gavibe
What did everyone think of the David Banner ending last night? The series has jumped the shark about 5 times now but I still can't stop watching it.

(Apologies if this topic has already been started but I couldn't see it!)
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (Gavibe @ Jun 27 2005, 12:02 PM)
What did everyone think of the David Banner ending last night?  The series has jumped the shark about 5 times now but I still can't stop watching it.

(Apologies if this topic has already been started but I couldn't see it!)

Oh god....

Me and my friend laughed heartily as it came on (4 weeks ago thanks to BitTorrent!)

[Sirens wail]

[Keifer pulls up demanding money and "your soul"]

The last 5 episodes, or so, were utter randomness. BBC is showing the first series again and the difference is amazing.

1-Pace - things play out at a much slower, considered, pace. No need to appeal to ADD kids.

2-PLot points - DUCK!! Yep, unless you're Neo, there's no way you can survive the shear avalanche of frenzied "developments" and plot points/devices in the latest series. Comapred to the first it looks like what I always feared 24 would turn into.....

Having said that, I really enjoy the beginning arc (kidnapped Heller....who me and my friend loved for his random dialogue and speech patterns) for 8 eps, then from around epsidoes 11 onward till the episode with......the EMP!

Okay, it took a turn for Perfect Dark in that ep but it was still cool and a genuine build up of tension.

Sadly it went a little downhill ( though still enjoyed Jacks' McGuyver-ing of some bullets and a tin of beans) with far too many cat and "oh so nearly" mouse situations. PLus, do you really want to aim a nuke at LA when New York or Washington is but a left turn away?!

Overall I still think Series 1 and 3[last half] were the best of the show.
Zoe
Merged with existing thread
Ingram
Very interested to see how they will cope with the very beginning of the next series...
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (Ingram @ Jun 27 2005, 02:18 PM)
Very interested to see how they will cope with the very beginning of the next series...

Jack's back...and he's mmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd!!!!

[Cue green bursting out all over the place and CTU-issued stretchy underwear]

Honestly it waqs a shit ending.

Took 3 eps to rush the good ol' "China-men bad, US good" plot

Though, if you look at it, who it was the chinese who did the right thing! Well, aside form employing embassadros who run into the middle of a gun fight....

1-They realy did release your guy when he confessed...and without physical torture a la US goodie-two-shoes US CTU!
2-Legitamtily trying to find out who 'killed' (well, that's the way it was reported by the slightly less than upstanding embassy staff) one of their countrymen.

What SHOULd have happened though..

-President "20 minutes"* Palmer pointing out they had a terrorist (the Chinese characters genuinely don't seem to know this.).

There...I just solved, and wrote off, the Tom cruise ending.
Jack could have gone on living the good life (ie laughing at Audrey in her wailing despair! I mean...SHE DROPPED HER NOTES! That's a positive mental breakdown for her!)

*average time it takes for him to fuck up the situation this series

PS What is it with their portraly of women in the series?! Double standards much?! I'd have to watch the entire series again (perish the thought) but there were lapses in sense-thought from Audrey and Michelle "I like em' old" Dessler...
Ingram
QUOTE (WiseJoeyD @ Jun 27 2005, 04:20 PM)

Just like series two wink.gif
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (WiseJoeyD @ Jun 27 2005, 04:20 PM)

Madder... more mad... angrier. Again.

He should change his name to Jack 'Mr. Mad' Bauer, but that might make him a comic villain.
Amazongirl
Somehow i tottaly missed episode 23 (how the hell did tony get released?) heck, i only started watching it after missing the first 5 or so episodes, or more proberly (watched all of series 2 religiously, since then sky has completely f*d up). Not idea whats happeneing with kim *gone of with some cougarsI bet*

How many times has Jack actually sorta died now? Must have died about 3 times in series 2.
Ingram
Kim left with her boyfriend Chase at the end of series three. They mentioned her in season four once or twice, but nothing more.
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (Ingram @ Jun 27 2005, 06:01 PM)
Just like series two wink.gif

No series two's Jack was

Jack "get me a hacksaw" Bauer*

this series it was Jack "Fuck me, I'm tired with all this running" Bauer

*Simulatenously making you hide behind your sofa and provide a great ad for Gilette
Sean of the Dead
Next series will feature:

Jack "I'll eat your face for a 10 dollar bill" Bauer with moody eye action.
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jun 28 2005, 12:22 AM)
Next series will feature:

Jack "I'll eat your face for a 10 dollar bill" Bauer with moody eye action.

Press his button to watch him fly off the hinge going after any racial minortiy because "you Commie scum stole my life, my daughter and my fucking shades!"

Yep, those snazzy shades he had at the end get snatched in Venezuala and Jack's pissed
Sean of the Dead
Pull the cord to hear such phrases as "Look, I don't like you, in fact I pissed on your mothers grave but right now the fight's not between us, it's between the US and Paraguay so are you going to help me our not?"

and

"Jack... angry..."
WiseJoeyD
Or the phrase of the series

"......DAMNIT!"

or "You're ass is grass....and [uI'm[/u] the lawnmower mutherf**ker..."*

Or

"Calm the f*ck down Audrey, it's not like you've seen a ....oh.....we didn't tell you about this......boy, 2 for 2**.......that's got to be shitty!"

*Brilliantly suggested on the BBC's reverntial 24 post mortem show (which, Sky, was a frelling great idea!)

**Her hubby who Died To Save The World ™ and Jack "I've got this plan you see" Bauer
Sean of the Dead
Jack decides to give up on fighting terrorism, and gets a job using his other great skill; running. He becomes a long distance runner...

"I am Jack Bauer and this has been the longest 24 miles of my life."

The following takes place between Mile One and Mile Two.

Jack: This is easy.

Runner: Yeah.

Episode 22

The following takes place between Mile 22 and Mile 23

Jack: This is getting hard.

Runner: F*ck you bitch!

JACK takes out gun and shoots runner.
WiseJoeyD
Episode 23

[This takes place between mile 23 and 24]

His race partner turns out to working for French sitting on boats on the Cote de Sur

Jack: Did you...
Enrique: YES! HAR HAR! I poisoned your water! Now I will win that massive gay wreath!
Jack: Really.......Cougars?! ATTACK!
Sean of the Dead
Previously on 24:

Jack is running with the runner, cut to Jack having water and a suspicious French person giving it to him, cut to a tractor, cut to Jack hijacing the tractor, cut to the tractor in a ditch, cut to Jack shooting the runner, cut to the cougars attacking.

The following takes place between Mile 23 and Mile 24

Jack is riding the cougars and chasing enrique
Jack: I'll show you emotion.
Enrique: What are you on? I said nothing of the sort about emotion!
Jack: Shut up! Now is the time I get my vasalene on.
Enrique: Oui...
WiseJoeyD
23.4 miles

Kim appears as the embodiment of the TARDIS and kills all French everywhere, throughout time.
Chase is really a bi-sexual fromt he 51st century that's not too hard for teatime audiences to swallow and takes Jack up on his vaselene offer ("No need....this is nano-vaselene...")

[Cut to Michelle harassing Tony as he limps over the finish line]

"Wrinkles get me wet!"

[Cut to Edgar and Crazy Bitch Chloe]

Edgar-I'll juth pipeline a tunnel to Drithcoll'th computer through port 359 on the updown router table
Crazy Bitch Chloe- I'm skipping my meds again...
Edgar- Okay fine! I'll uthe the downup router table
Crazy Bitch Chloe - ....I cut myself.....
Edgar- I'm really buthy Chloe!
Sean of the Dead
24.9 Miles

Jack, who's arm is falling off, is slowly approaching the finish line, riding on the back of swiss nun, on fire. As he digs his shoes into her sides, she explodes leaving Jack flying in the air where he takes out his pistol and starts shooting the ground.

Jack: Come on, water pipe. I need this one Satan!

Santa appears

Santa: You are having a dream-

Jack shoots santa, thousands of children around the world shudder and say "something terrible just happened."

Jack: Come on damn it.

Suddenly an oil pipe bursts and Jack falls towards it saving himself, or so we thought. He is still on fire!!

Joey, you can finish this.
WiseJoeyD

Closing in on the finish line, a flaming ball of hate/the very best of Americana crazed do-gooder, Jack feels blessed relief.....pixie shit extinguisehes the flames!

Yep, Flora, in a bid to compete with The Green Giant have employed their own supernatural sponsers to up the profile of their marathon.

But the filthy little bastards, with no leprachauns to racially abuse, resort to boredom-alleviating shit-hurling.

So, there's Pixie's hurling their own shit everywhere, Swiss children in mourning for their Nun Supreme and Wombats lifting Jack over the finish line......that's wired to a crappy chemistry teacher with a fuse made out of lithium and a bottle of ice cool mineral water!

Jack reaches out, and fashions a makeshift garotte with his spare running jockstrap.....he judges...then throws it for the teacher.......
A-Friend
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but i've still not watched series 4 (waiting for the DVD) so even though spoilers are being used I've still only been scanning the posts. Sorry, very long pre-amble, here's my question:

does anyone know anything about "24 The (Video) Game"??? I know that they have signed up most of the cast to voice their charcters and that it sits somewhere in between series 2 and 3 (or is it 1 and 2?) but nothing beyond that.
Sean of the Dead
It's being made by Sony Cambridge... I wonder if they are in Cambridge and if so, I should 'visit' them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.