Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
thirtyhelens
End of episode x.4 seems to be the new first bombshell spot of choice, with this "four-hour event" debut they are doing now.

Now seriously - STOP teasing, Sostie, or you get no pudding.
Omniscia
I may well turn to the dark side, as well... But I promise I won't tease like Sostie.
Julie
Oh god it's tempting...

Especially since my roommates are going to watch Heroes instead, bastards.
thirtyhelens
EEEEE!!! The 24 cast is on Larry King Live on CNN right NOW.

Yeah, I've been watching Heroes too. Hopefully NBC will keep uploading them to the website so I can watch them later. Jack comes first.
curtinparloe
I hate constantly missing it. I had to borrow series 1 from a friend. Glad I did though.

Incidentally, this screensaver might be of interest.
thirtyhelens
Wait one flippin' minute...when did Rick Schroeder join the cast?! huh.gif
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 10 2007, 11:13 AM)
Incidentally, this screensaver might be of interest.

NICE! happy.gif
curtinparloe
While I'm at it,

CTU Website, passcode=99k36f

Just a tiny bit of fun for you...
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 10 2007, 11:55 PM)
While I'm at it,

Sweet...now I look like a REAL CTU agent! Even if none of it really does anything... happy.gif
maian
I've been out of the 24 loop for a while now and feel I need to catch up. Thank the lord for Blockbuster and empty days of student life.
Llama
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 10 2007, 03:55 PM)
While I'm at it,

That was so awesome.
thirtyhelens
Meh, it won't let me do it. Says my US mobile is invalid tongue.gif
shinyelvenqueen
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jan 9 2007, 11:03 AM)
21st Jan on Sky One.

Thank you Sir!

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 10 2007, 01:01 AM)

Yeah Sosite, you're a very naughty boy!
Sostie
[quote=thirtyhelens,Jan 10 2007, 01:01 AM]

[/quote]
Yeah Sosite, you're a very naughty boy!

[/quote]

No...I enjoy the power.

Jack Bauer is Luke's father.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 10 2007, 04:35 PM)
Jack Bauer is Luke's father.

Smug bastard. I suppose ep. 6.4 ends with Chloe's head in a box, too, does it?
Omniscia
I promise not to tease, so I'll just say one word: Whoa.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Fuck. I didn't see that coming.

This looks like it's going to be one hell of a season.

I'm teasing aren't I? I'll stop now.
shinyelvenqueen
For F***s sake! I need to get out....
maian
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 10 2007, 03:48 PM)
I've been out of the 24 loop for a while now and feel I need to catch up. Thank the lord for Blockbuster and empty days of student life.

And my prayers have been answered. My housemate Mike returned from his Christmas holidays last night, bringing with him season 5 on DVD, which we watched four episodes of before we realised it was nearly 4 in the morning. Hell of an opening salvo of episodes, though.
thirtyhelens
It's not technically teasing to talk about it now, is it? I feel a bit like I should wait for the back two tonight, though, before issuing first impressions...
Julie
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 15 2007, 12:13 PM)
It's not technically teasing to talk about it now, is it?  I feel a bit like I should wait for the back two tonight, though, before issuing first impressions...

I watched all four.

God I love that man.
Omniscia
Yeah, I'm waiting until the official airtime before lifting my moratorium on comments.
thirtyhelens
"Bring up all the commercial buildings in a mile radius and then do a pre-sort."
"What, you mean like I'm doing already?"

*sigh* Chloe. New hair, same awesome.
Omniscia
Is the moratorium over now? I'll still use spoiler tags, don't worry...

That said, I love Bill Buchanan and Chloe, but the rest of CTU is really irritating.

I can't say I'm disappointed to see that family step out of the picture, to tell the truth. They were irritating, too, as was that neighbour of theirs.

I don't buy Jack's line about not being able to do this anymore; he slipped back into that role like a pair of comfortable old shoes. But it's certainly clear he's haunted by his trip to China.

Way to shoot Curtis, Jack! I totally saw that one coming, but it was still a shock. I did not see the nuclear detonation coming, however.

Finally, Alexander Siddig rocks.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 16 2007, 04:57 AM)
Finally, Alexander Siddig rocks.

He is brilliant I must agree. Should we start posting in the 24 spoiler thread if we're watching the new series ahead of the British air dates? I don't like having to spoiler tag everything if I can avoid it.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jan 16 2007, 05:08 AM)
He is brilliant I must agree. Should we start posting in the 24 spoiler thread if we're watching the new series ahead of the British air dates? I don't like having to spoiler tag everything if I can avoid it.

Do we still have a 24 spoiler thread? Let's do it.
thirtyhelens
The current TWoP reader poll:

What do you most hope to see Jack Bauer battling this season on 24?

Killer bees - 6%
Basque separatists - 4%
Pirates - 20%
Hippies - 11%
Purse dogs - 13%
The soft bigotry of low expectations - 10%
Parkours - 1%
Restless leg syndrome - 12%
Cougars (the lady kind) - 8%
Trans fats - 9%
shinyelvenqueen
Well finally! I can join in. The frustration that built up over the past week was more than I could bare. But a little work, rest and play and watching Celeb BB helped to pass the time.

But waiting a whoole week between each one is even more unbearable.
maian
QUOTE (shinyelvenqueen @ Jan 22 2007, 05:29 PM)
But waiting a whoole week between each one is even more unbearable.

It's even worse for me since I can only watch the ones that have been recorded at my parents' house, so I'll have to wait months to see any of it, then watch it in concentrated chunks. That can't be good for my health.
shinyelvenqueen
Poor maian. That is terrible, it's like binge drinking which is definitely not god foryou. You need a 24 drip. Can't you get sky and the cancel it after 24weeks?
maian
My housemates always talk about getting Sky but since we are only on a yearly contract for the house (it being a student house) we can't.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 23 2007, 05:41 AM)
My housemates always talk about getting Sky but since we are only on a yearly contract for the house (it being a student house) we can't.

I had one of those 30 phone, broadband and cable packages with Telewest Broadband which included Sky One in the package...but I had to move out of the flat before 24 hd finished, so I still had to wait ages to finish the season on DVD.
maian
It's a bit strange seeing Milo again. Looks like all those years away have made him into a bit of an arsehole.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 25 2007, 11:15 AM)
It's a bit strange seeing Milo again. Looks like all those years away have made him into a bit of an arsehole.

It must be all those pilots he did that never went to series. Makes a man bitter.
maian
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 25 2007, 07:20 PM)
It must be all those pilots he did that never went to series. Makes a man bitter.

And from being a bit of a punching bag in Six Feet Under for ages.

Edit: Plan for the evening; watch end of Children Of The Damned, then 4 or 5 episodes of Season 4 to try and catch up. Good.
shinyelvenqueen
I spoke to a freind who completed the 24 PS2 game. I think they're obsessed. Not like me, who has the ringtone, the screensaver, the desktop pic on laptop and mobile. Tcha! I'm not sad.
maian
Is it just me, or are there references to Kiefer Sutherland's other work in 24? I've noticed a scene in the new series that reminded me of The Lost Boys and there's a bit in Season 4 that bares a lot of similarities to Flatliners. I might be looking into this a bit too much.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 1 2007, 06:36 AM)
there's a bit in Season 4 that bares a lot of similarities to Flatliners.

Season 2 as well, isn't there? Isn't that when they stopped his heart then shocked him back to life?
maian
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 1 2007, 05:06 PM)
Season 2 as well, isn't there?  Isn't that when they stopped his heart then shocked him back to life?

Yeah, though the bit in Season 4 that I'm thinking of, when Paul dies, really reminded me of Flatliners because he's shocking someone who is dead and he's doing it in a really dingy looking room.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 1 2007, 11:15 AM)
Yeah, though the bit in Season 4 that I'm thinking of, when Paul dies, really reminded me of Flatliners because he's shocking someone who is dead and he's doing it in a really dingy looking room.

Hee. Now if only Audrey turned to Jack and said, "Aaaasssss-lickin' son of a bitch!"
maian
She was just one word short of that, though. Or is ''Aaaasssss-lickin''' two words?
thirtyhelens
I'd say hyphenates count as one.

Remind me again, how many episodes behind is the UK broadcast?
maian
Two, though I'm one behind everyone else at the moment. Damn Uni!
shinyelvenqueen
Jesus, I thought that was Demi Moore for a second! This is a great episode.
War Bastard
Wow, we've actually caught up with the Americans. You can keep you're stinkin' spoiler thread. Well, for a day anyway. This season gets funnier and funnier. I can't even tell if it's good or not, but it's 24, so I love it. I think.
Omniscia
According to IMDb:

Fans of Fox's 24 who were miffed at the decision to delay the show's return until next January learned Wednesday that the network is developing a two-hour movie to air in the fall that will bridge the sixth and seventh seasons of the show. Fox had produced eight episodes of the seventh season when production was shut down last November by the writers' strike, causing the network to pull the show off its schedule entirely rather than air a partial season. Each episode follows Kiefer Sutherland's character Jack Bauer, a government agent, during each hour of a single day.
thirtyhelens
D'oh, you beat me to it.

An interesting proposition, but I can't believe they decided to sit on S7 for an entire YEAR. ohmy.gif
Omniscia
NEW YORK - Jon Voight has been cast as the villain on the upcoming season of the Fox drama "24." The seventh season kicks off in January, though Voight will make his first appearance during a two-hour "prequel" episode to air in November, Chris Alexander, a spokesman for the show, said Friday.

Here's the source article...
Omniscia
And so the aforementioned two-hour TV movie aired tonight.

Did anyone else watch it?

It was okay, but the whole Washington intrigue subplot seemed as tacked-on as usual, and the product placement was more egregious than usual. Cisco, Sprint/Nextel, and Hyundai sure got what they paid for.
UnderSpaced
I liked what I saw of the episode. There was something wrong with my TV and it kept cutting out. sad.gif

Did you see the previews for the new season? Looks like it's going to be crazy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.