Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Omniscia
I'm definitely at least renting the DVD to see the 17-minute preview.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Nov 23 2008, 07:16 PM) *
And so the aforementioned two-hour TV movie aired tonight.

Bah! I forgot. Hopefully Fox will have it available to stream this week.
Kick in the Head
Well, it's on tonight on Sky 1 from 10pm. Gonna play the little bit crappy but still sorta fun 24 DVD Board Game beforehand to get me in a Bauer mood. Either that or I can go rip out someone's thumbnails, talk on my cellphone a lot and whisper "Please!" to everyone I meet.
Sostie
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Nov 24 2008, 01:30 PM) *
Well, it's on tonight on Sky 1 from 10pm.

The downward spiral that kicked in during Day 6 continues. Frankly that was dull shite. I'm a bit bored with Bauer now.
UnderSpaced
Just wanted to let everyone know (at least over here in the U.S.) that the new season just started. YEAH! biggrin.gif
Sostie
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Jan 12 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Just wanted to let everyone know (at least over here in the U.S.) that the new season just started. YEAH! biggrin.gif

It kicks off here tonight. Considering how bad Day 6 and how shite Redemption was I'm in two minds whether to bother or not
Omniscia
Boooooring...

Another day, another series of events we've essentially already seen before in earlier seasons.

I'm still going to watch, though.
Everlong
It's ok so far, always takes a while to kick off though.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 12 2009, 07:19 AM) *
Another day, another series of events we've essentially already seen before in earlier seasons.

I'm still going to watch, though.

Same here, although at this point, mainly for Cherry Jones, Colm Feore and the Soulpatch lurve. YAIS. I don't care how implausible it is, I wuv him and his evilness already.

Although, admittedly I wanted to roll my eyes upon discovering there's yet another fucking mole in another fucking agency. Say I'm not the only one who longed for Jack to turn to disbelieving ginger FBI woman and say "For christ's sake, have you never watched the show before?!"
Omniscia
Don't worry, you're not.
thirtyhelens
I'm now somewhat annoyed that EVIL!Tony turned out to be a cop-out. However, Jack & Tony tag team action is still hot. Add Chloe and Bill and their own van, and it's almost as though they're playing "A-Team," except they can hit a target. laugh.gif

I also don't trust Bob Gunton as far as I can throw him. But that might just be because he played Warden Norton in Shawshank. I have a feeling not, though.
Jimmay
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 14 2009, 06:14 AM) *
I'm now somewhat annoyed that EVIL!Tony turned out to be a cop-out. However, Jack & Tony tag team action is still hot. Add Chloe and Bill and their own van, and it's almost as though they're playing "A-Team," except they can hit a target. laugh.gif

I also don't trust Bob Gunton as far as I can throw him. But that might just be because he played Warden Norton in Shawshank. I have a feeling not, though.

I caught up with this last night and yes it's implausible guff with the same old stuff going on but it's got me interested already so I'll be carrying on for a while at least. I don't trust him either Nic especially after someone's comment about the president's inner circle being compromised. Ah well. It kills an hour a week I suppose.
Omniscia
So, uh, what happened to Chloe's baby? Wasn't she pregnant at the end of last season?

Either A: She was kidding; B: She terminated the pregnancy, or; C: The babysitter's junkie ex-boyfriend will show up mid-season to kidnap Junior and ransom him/her for $10 million to pay off a debt to his loan shark, who's allied with whatever shadowy organization employed Nina...

Anyone care to hazard a guess?
Rebus
The child has already been hired by CTU, who have reformed as an underground terrorist cell that plan to blow up the Whitehouse but not before contaminating the water supply of California.
Omniscia
Okay, so, Bill's dead, the President addressed us during the commercial break about how climate change is going to kill us all, and Cisco confirmed what we already knew (that the show is just one big advert for its products) whilst promising a look at their newest technologies later in the season.

Heck of a week.
Raven
Sutherland confirms season eight of '24'.
Omniscia
I guess that kinda ruins this week's would-be cliffhanger ending.
thirtyhelens
^ Funny that should be a headline today, as here I was just realizing after missing it last night that I'm back to "can't be arsed." Shame, because the ones I have seen lately have had bits where I'm enjoying the performances and some of the action, but the sum of the parts doesn't add up and I can't figure out why.
Omniscia
At least they've finally got another conniving, crazy super-bitch on the show. And here I was thinking they'd gone soft...

I still enjoy the show, no matter how ridiculous it's become, but they could really stand to drop the misogyny. It doesn't add anything.
Raven
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 24 2009, 07:21 PM) *
I guess that kinda ruins this week's would-be cliffhanger ending.

Sorry Erik, from the way the article was presented I didn't think it was much of a spoiler (I've not seen 24 since series two so I have no idea where it is at presently . . .).
Omniscia
Don't worry, man, you didn't spoil anything for me. There's no way they weren't teasing. It's another one of those trademark gotcha moments that they'll never follow through with because the show can't survive without Jack.
Omniscia
So how many hours will it take for Jack to get over Mad Cow Disease?
Jimmay
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 31 2009, 02:51 PM) *
So how many hours will it take for Jack to get over Mad Cow Disease?

I wondered how long it would take them to reveal the miraculous cure. How many more episodes do we have left? Is there any chance of Kim actually being shown or will it all happen between this series and next?
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 16 2009, 07:13 AM) *
I wondered how long it would take them to reveal the miraculous cure. How many more episodes do we have left? Is there any chance of Kim actually being shown or will it all happen between this series and next?

She is supposed to appear sometime at the end of the season from what I have read. With about six episodes left we should see he soon.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
It's all gone a bit mental. I'm not quite sure how much I like an incapacited Jack but I am looking forward to what they come up with for the last few episodes of the season.
Jimmay
Did anyone watch this to its conclusion?

I actually said "For Fucks Sake" and "Oh Come ON" a number of times during the 2 hour finale last night. It was absolutely ridiculous. And I also felt that they had set it up perfectly for Jack to die peacefully after forgiving himself and hand over to Renee Walker as the new central character after she was shown putting down her badge. Then Kim comes along and ruins it right at the last minute where the cop out "I know its not what you want but fuck you, you're in coma" comes into play.

I don't know if I can be bothered to watch anymore of this now.

(I will)
Kick in the Head
I liked how before he went into a coma, he was forgiven by all Muslims. There were some good actiony bits in the finale, but the best scenes were in the White House with the Jonas Hodges assassination revelations. Also nice to see Tony not really be a supervillain after all. Overall, not a weak season but wasn't exactly exciting.
Omniscia
Sure, I watched it straight through to the bitter end. And it was a mess. Too many characters, too much product placement, too many plot contrivances. Keep It Simple, Surnow (or whoever's running the show these days).

At least it ended better than last season... Though not by much.
Kick in the Head
I did chuckle when Kim shouted 'Dammit!' just like her daddy. Actually, that was probably the best bit.
Astrid
I am SO glad to see that a lot of you guys felt the same way about this season as I did. I have a few friends that are 24 daft like me and they loved it. I was left thinking WTF? Was not impressed at all and was left shouting lots of sweary words at my telly box. I mean 'really'? They resolved nothing, it was all to predictable and unbelievable. It ends up twisting and turning so much that you don't care by the end of it.
What annoys me the most is that no one ever trusts or believes Jack. You would think after all the times he has been right they may give him the benefit of the debt. laugh.gif

Even the beginning of every season tends to have the same feel IMO.
There are some bad guys, they have a plan to do bad things, they get caught by Jack before doing said plan, however this was NOT their real plan. Plan B is bigger and badder. Plan A was just to trick you so you wouldn't notice plan B. Oh and the big bad that you thought was the big bad isn't. There is someone bigger and badder pulling the strings. Oh and someone who claims to be a goodie is in fact a baddie.

Any way , sorry rant over. I do love the show but I just don't want to be able to guess everything which I did this season.

Ax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.