Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kick in the Head
Just a quick heads-up that my favourite new comedy of last year, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, is being repeated on Channel 4, starting next Wednesday (23rd Feb) at 12:55am and the next 2 episodes on Thursday (24th Feb) from 12:40am.

It's great news, as I only recorded 4 out of 6 episodes during its first run, so I now get to complete the set - though a DVD release would be also welcome, wouldn't it Channel 4? Ahem...
Lazlo Woodbine
Thanks for the pointer Kick in the Head. smile.gif
The Phantom
That is great news. biggrin.gif

cheers for the info
Chapman Baxter
Thanks. I missed this entirely the first time round, but will give it a go now.
Baz
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Feb 18 2005, 04:18 PM)
Thanks.  I missed this entirely the first time round, but will give it a go now.

Same here. I'll have to make sure I tape it.
Starscream`s Ghost
Can`t wait for this, C4 treated this almost as shabbily as BBC2 treated the Boosh.
innercitysumo
I only missed the first episode, and was shrewd enough to begin recording on the first week I watched. This show really does deserve a DVD/second series!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (innercitysumo @ Feb 18 2005, 05:39 PM)
I only missed the first episode, and was shrewd enough to begin recording on the first week I watched. This show really does deserve a DVD/second series!

DVD yes, don`t think it`ll get a 2nd series though. I think he`s doing other stuff, and C4 only love Jimmy Carr right now, and as much as I like him, I`d take a 2nd series of Darkplace over him anyday.
ronlogan1977
Coooooell. I only recorded the last couple of episodes. I'm still awaiting a DVD of Book Group series 2 as well as Darkplace.
Stantz
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Feb 18 2005, 04:06 PM)
Just a quick heads-up that my favourite new comedy of last year, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, is being repeated on Channel 4, starting next Wednesday (23rd Feb) at 12:55am and the next 2 episodes on Thursday (24th Feb) from 12:40am.

It's great news, as I only recorded 4 out of 6 episodes during its first run, so I now get to complete the set - though a DVD release would be also welcome, wouldn't it Channel 4? Ahem...

oh yeah, thats the best news ive heard all week, thats the funnest program ive seen in years
Ade
Excellent! I only managed to get Episodes 4-6 onto tape first time round.

Could be ages until a DVD release appears (if ever), so thanks for the warning! biggrin.gif
kid_koala
is a new series also on the way?
Stella MM
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 18 2005, 05:04 PM)
Can`t wait for this, C4 treated this almost as shabbily as BBC2 treated the Boosh.

Not even a little bit!

Darkplace got a regular prime time slot and was shown in order, in full and without gaps in transmission. The Boosh got a shitty slot, got messed around over Christmas and finally dropped from the schedule halfway through the series.

Hhhanyway. I'm very glad C4 are repeating it, even at such a stupid time in the morning. It's brilliant bit of telly.
Starscream`s Ghost
Hmm, checking the listings, this doesn`t appear to be on anymore, replaced with South Park, of all things. What gives?
constantly bored
Wankers have indeed replaced it with South Park.

I'm a little bit angry.
Ade
Arse. I am more than a little peed off at that news. mad.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
The Mirror's telly guide today describes it in one word, thus:

'Drama'.

Garth will be pleased.
Zoe
"In a change to listings..."

Well that was dissapointing wasn't it? Although it was replaced by a brilliant episode of South Park, I was looking forward to 'Darkplace' last night. Oh well.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (kid_koala @ Feb 20 2005, 06:03 PM)
is a new series also on the way?

There won't be a second series as far as I know. Matt Berry (Sanchez) did tell me a while ago that they might make a feature length special, but even that was speculation.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Feb 24 2005, 10:32 AM)
Matt Berry (Sanchez) did tell me a while ago that they might make a feature length special, but even that was speculation.

Ooh, what does he sound like in real life? He's got the most spectacular voice in Dark Place and Mighty Boosh, I'm a little bit scared he might sound like Joe Pasquale in reality.
Starscream`s Ghost
Just to let everyone know, I think it`s been replaced by fucking South Park again tonight. I`d love to know what the reasoning is for this. Not that they`ll tell us, of course.

Oh, and by the way, Experimental is such a pile of shite it`s unreal. Unfunny bollocks.
Kick in the Head
Yeah, I'm sorry if anyone tuned in as a result of my post - but I can't help 'schedulers'...grr...
Starscream`s Ghost
Not your fault mate, you did a fine job, it`s C4 I`m pissed off with, the arselickers.
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 24 2005, 03:19 PM)
Just to let everyone know, I think it`s been replaced by fucking South Park again tonight. I`d love to know what the reasoning is for this. Not that they`ll tell us, of course.

Fucky fucky bum bum!

No offence meant to the wonderful South Park, but *stamps feet* I want to see Julian Barratt dressed up like a priest!!
Starscream`s Ghost
I think everyone wants to see that.

And for the record, South Park sucks worse than a 1 dollar whore. C4 are probably only showing it because it`s the 100 Greatest Cartoons on Sunday.
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 24 2005, 03:36 PM)
I think everyone wants to see that.

Some more than others *swoons*
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 24 2005, 03:42 PM)
Some more than others *swoons*

Is this a "need to see Julian Barrett" thing, or specifically a "need to see him in a Priest outfit" thing?

Because if it is, you`re a sick sick lady. And I must admit, I like that in a woman. biggrin.gif
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 24 2005, 03:44 PM)
Is this a "need to see Julian Barrett" thing, or specifically a "need to see him in a Priest outfit" thing?

Because if it is, you`re a sick sick lady. And I must admit, I like that in a woman.  biggrin.gif

I absolutely have never had any kind of a priest/schoolgirl fantasy involving myself and Julian Barratt, that would be sick, wrong and let's not forget blasphemous...

*Sniggers*
Starscream`s Ghost
*mutters* And worth watching, too. Especially in place of South Park. *looks up from reverie*

Oops.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 24 2005, 03:47 PM)
I absolutely have never had any kind of a priest/schoolgirl fantasy involving myself and Julian Barratt, that would be sick, wrong and let's not forget blasphemous...

*Sniggers*

I'm calling Christian Voice on you. They'll sort you out, you disgusting young blasphemer.
Stantz
i just checked C4's site,

darkplace is on twice tonight, 00.40 and 01.40 i think
constantly bored
Yeah, according to the channel four website they're showing south park and Garth Marenghi at the same time.

Interesting.
Starscream`s Ghost
According to ntl, they`re showing bloody South Park again. Arse.
constantly bored
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 25 2005, 12:10 AM)
According to ntl, they`re showing bloody South Park again. Arse.

They are the big f**king wankers. And I can't find anywhere to complain on the Channel 4 website. mad.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
They probably wouldn`t care. But I`d like to know why the schedule change.
constantly bored
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 25 2005, 12:15 AM)
They probably wouldn`t care. But I`d like to know why the schedule change.

They have to keep moving it around 'coz it's so popular.
Starscream`s Ghost
Fuckity fuck fuck. Bloody C4.
Stantz
WE DONT WANT SOUTH PARK!!!
gulfcoast_highwayman
Whatevah! Channel 4 do what they want!
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Feb 24 2005, 10:36 AM)
Ooh, what does he sound like in real life? He's got the most spectacular voice in Dark Place and Mighty Boosh, I'm a little bit scared he might sound like Joe Pasquale in reality.

It's not quite as bassy in reality, but he has the same 'sounding' voice - ie: his accent is just the same, he just lowers it and exaggerates it for the Sanchez/Bainbridge characters. And he's a thouroughly nice bloke.
Zoe
It was a brilliant episode of South Park though

"Even Rocky had a montage"

Does anyone have any word on whether they are going to repeat Darkplace?
Stantz
Aint that song on Team America?
Zoe
QUOTE (Stantz @ Feb 26 2005, 09:51 PM)
Aint that song on Team America?

Yes it is, but it first appeared in an episode of South Park when Stan is learning to ski.
Stantz
yeah i watched it, it was funny
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 26 2005, 02:41 PM)
Does anyone have any word on whether they are going to repeat Darkplace?

Apparently not in the near future, something to do with copyright arguments, that old chesnut.
rabbit57i
Richard Ayoade and Matthew Holness, the Perrier Award winning team behind Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (C4) will be trying out new material for their forthcoming C4 series, Deano's After Dark at Riverside Studios in Hammersmith in July.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to be part of the pre production process and have your input into the creative development of their brand new show.

The dates of the try outs are as follows:

Monday 4th July
Monday 11th July
Monday 18th July
Monday 25th July
Monday 1st August.

All shows start at 8pm.
Tickets 4
Riverside Studios, Crisp Road, Hammersmith, London W6 9RL Box Office: 020 8237 1111

Riverside Studios
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jun 28 2005, 02:58 PM)
New Show, etc.

Hot damn! I have to go to this. Their orginal show, Netherhead, was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Fact.
Zoe
Might have to take my little brother. He's a bit obsessed with Darkplace since he 'obtained' the episodes a few weeks ago.

He's a massive Dean Learner fan (who isn't).

"I should be hitting the wards with those young bucks but I'm old, busted, rusted, wasted, stuck in a mouldy old office with only a moody woman for company"
Jessopjessopjessop
I'm going to be all over this show like knockers in a wind tunnel.

But Rabbit - I can't see it listed on the Riverside website. What gives?
Zoe
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 28 2005, 04:30 PM)
I'm going to be all over this show like knockers in a wind tunnel.

But Rabbit - I can't see it listed on the Riverside website. What gives?

I had the same problem.

She's toying with us so she is - the minx!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.