Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Oscar Moment do you want to see?
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Svein
For me... I want to see Michael Moore and Bush present together...
Jessopjessopjessop
Bring the Smackdown!

Others might include Kirsten Dunst walking onto stage and all her clothes falling off;
Peter Jackson receiving a live hair-cut and shaving;
The introduction of a new category, "Best Sort-of-Moving-the-Camera-up-and-then-down".
captain wow
the disappointment of bill murray was so heart destroying last year
fuck sean penn
fear_of_pop
I'd like to see any moment of the Oscars, but sadly I can't because fucking Sky are showing it and not the BBC. Fuckhats.
Zoe
QUOTE (fear_of_pop @ Feb 24 2005, 02:15 PM)
I'd like to see any moment of the Oscars, but sadly I can't because fucking Sky are showing it and not the BBC. Fuckhats.

What what whaaaaattt!?

Is this true? Fucking hell! What am I going to do? No Oscars?
Starscream`s Ghost
I wouldn`t worry, they`re gonna suck this year. After the risk of giving Oscars to a fantasy genre movie ohmy.gif , they`re going to play it soooo safe and give all the awards to boring, dull, "academy" films.
captain wow
uncle buck is getting an award after being over lokked at the fucking brilliant gift to mankind it is

god bless john candy
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 24 2005, 03:14 PM)
I wouldn`t worry, they`re gonna suck this year. After the risk of giving Oscars to a fantasy genre movie  ohmy.gif , they`re going to play it soooo safe and give all the awards to boring, dull, "academy" films.

Yes, but Chris Rock is a pretty funny guy and I was looking forward to some fresh blood in the presenting stakes.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 24 2005, 03:34 PM)
Yes, but Chris Rock is a pretty funny guy and I was looking forward to some fresh blood in the presenting stakes.

He isn`t presenting them now though, is he?
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Feb 24 2005, 03:35 PM)
He isn`t presenting them now though, is he?

Really? Because of his recent comments? Oh well, I'm not as bothered then; but I still would have liked to watch them.
captain wow
recent comments????

explain boffin
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 24 2005, 03:36 PM)
Really? Because of his recent comments? Oh well, I'm not as bothered then; but I still would have liked to watch them.

I`m certain he isn`t, I heard on Sky that it was Steve Martin, or someone like that. (dull, unfunny, safe)
Zoe
He still is presenting see here

He has made several comments that apparently have peeved the Academy, but I suspect their 'annoyance' is largely hype as they must have known what they were getting when they hired him.

"Rock has already done his duty. In pre-ceremony interviews he has promised to give black actor Jamie Foxx an award no matter what ('Jamie is not going to walk out of that place without an Oscar') and slated Martin Scorsese's Howard Hughes biopic The Aviator ('a story about a rich guy who gets things done'). He has slammed the ceremony as a 'fashion show' and says, as a straight black male, that it holds no interest for him."
Starscream`s Ghost
He`s right about the Aviator. I know Scorsese will probably win the Oscar for it, but it`s a travesty, he should have got it for Goodfellas, and not formulaic academy drivel like this.
Svein
Well, perhaps they'll give it to him for The Aviator, but it would secretly be for Goodfellows.

Kinda the same way that Peter Jackson was given the Oscar for ROTK, but we all know it was really for Bad Taste!
fear_of_pop
Can you watch the Oscars live online anywhere?

I'm sure I remember doing that once...
Omniscia
QUOTE (fear_of_pop @ Feb 26 2005, 10:11 AM)
Can you watch the Oscars live online anywhere?

I'm sure I remember doing that once...

Well, according to this article, BT Broadcasting Services will be providing live streaming of the Oscars via Oscar.com, so I imagine that you will be able to watch them online.
maian
I'd like to see Simon Pegg and Nick Frost storm the ceremony and take the Best Picture Oscar that they so rightfully deserve. Or Johnny Depp kill Leo. Or anyone kill Leo. Or a combination of the two, Simon and Nick grab the oscar, Leo tries to get in the way but Johnny Depp leaps to the rescue and shoots him like a dog.

That's make real 'event' television
ronlogan1977
Can I second the Kirsten Dunst's clothes falling off. That would probably be the best thing to happen ever in the history of television.
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Feb 26 2005, 04:13 PM)
Well, according to this article, BT Broadcasting Services will be providing live streaming of the Oscars via Oscar.com, so I imagine that you will be able to watch them online.

Thanks Omniscia, I will check it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.