Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comic Relief?
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
Pages: 1, 2
claire
Does anyone know if Simon or anyone else from Spaced are doing anything at Comic Relief?
baileys
Simon will be appearing in a 'blockbuster' sketch of Spider-plant man scheduled for 8pm on beeb 1 along with Rowan Atkinson,Rachel Stevens and Jim Broadbent
Baz
Where did you hear this?? I've been looking for infomation on stuff Simon might be doing all week and haven't found anything yet.
baileys
Radio Times actually sitting in front of me at moment
Baz
Cool biggrin.gif

Take it that no one else Spaced releated is doing anything??

But Rachel Stevens. wub.gif
baileys
not that I can see,the climax of the spider plant man is at 9 pm though so looks like its in episodes..still reading..
baileys
nope can't spot anymore

usual stuff on really, Harry hill,Sara Cox and Rupert Grint Pro Celebrity Bogies,Mcfly, My Family,Peter Kay,Little Britain, Antiques Roadshow visits Dibley,Alaister McGowan does Friends,Fame Academy and University Challange...but Spider Plant Man looks most interesting
J.R
Spider-Plant and some other parts of Comic Relief are being filmed next monday. I managed to get some tickets to the filming smile.gif

I guess I just got in for tickets as the website no longer has the show on the list.

BBC Tickets
kiss my empty bag
it doesnt seem to up there u lucky thing tell us how it all goes u know what i tried to get tickets for nevermind the buzzcocks about 2months in advance and i got nothing how unfair is that? would anyone know why this is happens?
hullobrian
u guys missed the comic aid evening,
bill bailey, simon pegg and jessica stevensen were on there
bbc 2 last sat

i actually missed it but saw that they were on
J.R
That an alltogether different thing. you can talk about that

here

smile.gif
ally
ooh startin to get really annoyed with ppl who can't search and read!!!! mad.gif
Wife Of Rolex
I spotted in Heat today that Simon is playing a reporter in the Spider-Plant Man sketch.

Wonder if he's got his Misters on. happy.gif

Wife Of Rolex
kiss my empty bag
noticed that forgot to say but whenever they put simon pegg they always from shaun of the dead people know who he is by now right?
frostitute
Who's Simon Pegg?
claire
QUOTE (kiss my empty bag @ Mar 2 2005, 09:40 PM)
noticed that forgot to say but whenever they put simon pegg they always from shaun of the dead people know who he is by now right?

Yeah I noiced. EVERYONE knows who Simon Pegg is, surely.

By the way, cheers for letting me no what he's doing biggrin.gif
J.R
Got back from the preview of the actual comedy bits of Comic Relief. And it was really rather good.
To start with Michael Smiley and Robin Ince were the warm up/Introducing the clips, and were interacting with the audience and keeping us all amused between the programs.

Spidey Plant Man was surprisingly good, with Simon,Nick and Michael all having cameos in it.
A few programs later and we got to a Green Wing special featuring Mark Heap.

And now I don't have to sit through it all on friday waiting for the good bits, cause I've seen em.

Hurrah.
frostitute
Spidey Plant Man was surprisingly good, with Simon,Nick and Michael all having cameos in it.

Woah woah woah! Nick was in this?
J.R
A brief cameo same as Simon. Tho not as brief as Smileys.
frostitute
That settles it, I'm watching it! If it gets uploaded of course. sad.gif
fear_of_pop
Don't suppose you can remember who else was in the Green Wing special?...
J.R
....The regular Green Wing characters
claire
So Simon isn't on it for ages then?

Bugger.
black_dust
QUOTE (claire @ Mar 8 2005, 04:12 PM)
So Simon isn't on it for ages then?

Bugger.

He is now on this very moment as the milky bar kid with alan Ah Ahhh partrage biggrin.gif
maian
Fantastic isn't he, reminds me of his character in Black Books. Just so funny to see Alan Partridge and Simon together again.
black_dust
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 12 2005, 12:14 AM)
Fantastic isn't he, reminds me of his character in Black Books. Just so funny to see Alan Partridge and Simon together again.

He looks funny as hell in that hat biggrin.gif
maian
Slightly disappointed that when Graham Norton said 'Chris Evans explodes onto your screen' he didn't just say 'Chris Evans explodes' that'd make an amazing charity stunt
pots
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 12 2005, 12:14 AM)
Just so funny to see Alan Partridge and Simon together again.

oh definately - the best bit so far. simon was holding back a laugh a couple of times there i think.
Cornetto
The longer the show goes on they more crap they seem to dish out. I don't really think the milky bar kid sketch worked. No one really wants to hear about a once former advertising star selling his body for sex even if it was Simon Pegg. Don't get me wrong I thought spaced and SOTD were great but this really was crap disorganised. I don't really think I even want to watch the end but nothing else is on.
pots
are you sure, cornetto? i thought that was the best bit yet.

but then i loved knowing me knowing you and it was like a new episode of that.

plus, isn't pegg a great comic actor? even his two lines in the spiderplant sketch were the funniest bit in it. biased, maybe, but hes just naturally funny.
Cornetto
I am sure yes Pegg is a master of comedy and Alan Partrage if he were a real person I would pity him.
pots
ok i think the other thread is about the serious comic relief issues and this one is about the show itself ( or it is now ).

so i want to say its good to see chris evans back on tv. sure, a lot of people hate him but you can't doubt he's a top quality presenter. i like the guy.
Starscream`s Ghost
I`ve always liked Chris Evans, sure, he may be arrogant, and a bit of a twat, but he blows "presenters" like Moyles and Norton away, I`d love to see more of him on TV, maybe even resurrect TFI?
WiseJoeyD
Well, after getting home from work (would people please fold any clothes they see in a shop..even if they're enormous 36DD bras just...set it up as a tent or something! Anything to get poeple out faster.

Anyway, here's a few pics before I jet off to soak in warm envy followed by mild irrational hate

The two pics of Simon were overkill..but very gorgeous overkill at that!

Edit: Milky Bar Kid Interviewed

...for those fans who don't have the luxury of BBC telethon coverage
JonnnnnieB
I just caught the popsters spoof, with Simon singing La Vida Loca!

Just when I didn't think he could be more amazing!!
frostitute
Hey Joey, do you mind if I snag your Nick screens for my site?

I don't feel like fishing through UKNova for it. smile.gif

Ok I lied, fishing now...
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (JonnnnnieB @ Mar 12 2005, 03:40 AM)
I just caught the popsters spoof, with Simon singing La Vida Loca!

Just when I didn't think he could be more amazing!!

D'you know, that's one of the things I came across during my Simon purge! I had it on video from when it was on and totally forgot I had it. I like it when he's pretending not to be able to dance when they're learning the dance routine when we all know he's a great little mover and love it when he says he knobbed that 80 year old the night before! laugh.gif AND more crying! Great to see Peter Sarafinowich as the Darius pisstake 'Cassius' aswell. Wonder if that's how he met Sarah?

SpiderPlantMan wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but I'd totally agree that Simon - along with Nick (unbiased!) - rocked! 'I'm Frank Matters from Cbeebies!' laugh.gif

I saw on one of the captions that Alan Partridge would be interviewing the milky bar kid and immediately went 'Ah ha! That's Simon! He'll be on live!' and got the video ready. I thought it was very funny, but the studio audience was a bit lethargic so it wasn't as appreciated as much as it probably was at home. Though, the audiences for these things tend to get weary after a few hours.

Wife Of Rolex
widowspider
i missed the simon pegg bits sad.gif was most upset. i was busy talking on the phone to my boyfriend, and we were....busy....*looks innocent*
Private_Iron
I was gutted to have missed the Alan Partridge interview, but after a long week at work I unfortunately dropped off before it came on. And all these years I've been desperately waiting for an Alan Partridge revival . . . The Keith Barrett Show is a poor substitute for Knowing Me Knowing You, even if it does have real guests.

I noticed the interview was going to be with the Milky Bar Kid but didn't know it was Simon, which would have been an added bonus had I managed to stay awake and watch it. If anyone knows if there's any video footage of this interview knocking about on the web, please let me know!
maian
It was great to see what was essentially a newKnowing Me Knowing You, particularly liked the end when they were covertly talking about a caravaning holiday and i especially loved the way Simon screamed 'Don't touch me!'. He does damaged characters well
Ingram
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 12 2005, 12:45 PM)
It was great to see what was essentially a newKnowing Me Knowing You, particularly liked the end when they were covertly talking about a caravaning holiday and i especially loved the way Simon screamed 'Don't touch me!'. He does damaged characters well

I'm watching it at the moment, very funny biggrin.gif
WiseJoeyD
frostitute

I'd like to think of my contributions to this board a bit like sperm donations.....come on in!
UNS
I really find comic relief hard to watch, I mean some things are very funny, other bits awful, but they really need to wind down to the serious bits better.
especially since I've been watching Jam and Brass eye a lot on DVD this week, It takes me a moment to realise these bits are serious.

I dont know why I stayed up to watch it but that Johnny and Kiera thing showed the Big Train sketch with the hot cakes/too many cooks.
Wife Of Rolex
Comic Relief has changed over the last 20 years. It's become less laugh out loud, but that's how comedy has moved on over the last few years. Comedy is more about quietly observing the moment. Listening to what's said and how people relate to each other. Think Spaced (obviously), The Office, The Smoking Room and most recently (and relevantly) Look Around You. You don't watch them, you observe them and it amuses you on a sutble and/or subversive level. An 8 hour long telethon can't do that kind of comedy and most of the comedy it does do is a bit old hat and not of the moment, so it's more of a drain to watch. Little Britain was perhaps the exception. Oh and Simon's Milky Bar Kid.

The serious films, essentially what the whole bloody thing is about, have become the mainstay of the night more than the comedy, when before there was more of a balance. The quick shift between the comedy and the films about where the money goes and back again has become such that it's almost impossible to enjoy any of the comedy cos you're still breaking you're heart over the film. I had tears more than once. However, the more recent Red Nose Days have raised more money than ever before so it's hard to argue against it.

Wife Of Rolex
kiss my empty bag
the most annoying thing happened i bought a blank tape for this (im sad!) and geuss wot bloody happens i set my timer so if i fall asleep i can watch it in the moring anyway in the morning the best bits come on and what happens tape finishes i went through alot of emotions first huh.gif then wacko.gif sad.gif mad.gif and then i cried lol but luckily my sister has a copy phew happy.gif anyway my thoughts on the comic relief evening was goodithourogly enjoyed the milky bar kid interview but should of been more simon and nick in the spider plant man film
Cornetto
I fell asleep while watching drunken fame academy (because it was shit) anyway did I miss anything good.
kiss my empty bag
ummm not too much just the best bits of comic relief with johnny vaughn i missed it aswell but luckily my sis taped it but i wont repeat my amazing story its just above this post if u want a really interesting read lol smile.gif
superfurryandy
QUOTE (kiss my empty bag @ Mar 12 2005, 06:27 PM)
but should of been more simon and nick in the spider plant man film

It still would have been shit.
sweetbutinsane
*Hums Milky Bar Kid song*
The good taste that's in Milky Bar!

laugh.gif It was so cool! My sister had to tape the end because we both went to bed at 11ish because we had to be up early, so we were watching it today.

My fave bits are:

1)The Charva (or Chav if you live in the south of England) going "Do I look bothered? Ask me if I'm bothered" etc
2)Little Britian, of course!
3)The Milky Bar kid bit
4)Spider-Plant Man
5)Vicar of Dibley

I loved Simon's little bit as the ex-Milky Bar Kid. I agree with maian - when he screamed "Don't touch me!!!" it was so funny!

My sis actually got confused and thought that Simon was the Milky Bar Kid at some point and that was why they were doing that - which made me laugh for about 10 minutes!

(celebrates becoming a One Pinter)
UNS
Has anyone mentioned Peter serafinawhatever in the popsters bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.