Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bits you could watch again, and again, and again
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Footbacon
The very first episode when Tim and Daisy do the syncronized crying bit laugh.gif
mikefromtexas
I like the bit where Tim and Brian have just got through watching all 3 Star Wars and Tim breaks it down to all of the events that happened are attributed to the gunner on the Star Destroyer in the first film and then Brian breaks into the CHAOS THEORY. That among many others that I am discovering as I re-watch both series again for the second time.
qtarantino
Series 2 Episode 7

The End with the Tank and the Take That Song...

i canīt stop watching again and again...

and when Brian use his penis like a brush...

and the whole episodes...
mikefromtexas
I also like the bit in Series 2 Episode 1, that is a spinoff of Pulp Fiction. Where Daisy comes home from vacation and sees the Ingram Mac 10 9mm sitting on the kitchen counter and then you here the toilet flush and Mike comes out and they GLARE at each other, then the toaster pastries pop up and Tim bust through the door! One of the other many classics moments that I fast forward too and watch. I actually went out and purchased a new hard drive and installed it as my third hard drive and have ripped all the episode and all contents of my two box sets so that I know exactly where to go to when I want to see a particular bit. It is really quite helpful when it comes to only wanting to watch one bit.

Plus: I think Daisy looked really CUTE/HOT after she returned from vacation(not that she wasn't before).
Plus + : I love the fact that the Phantom Mencae disapointed him so much that he references it in a couple of the episodes.
ally
QUOTE (mikefromtexas @ Mar 17 2005, 12:14 AM)
I actually went out and purchased a new hard drive and installed it as my third hard drive and have ripped all the episode and all contents of my two box sets so that I know exactly where to go to when I want to see a particular bit. It is really quite helpful when it comes to only wanting to watch one bit.

ahh yes but the hardcore fans are never too far away from their dvds. otherwise we run out of witty comments and die wacko.gif
SergeantWatt
QUOTE (ally @ Mar 4 2005, 11:37 AM)
i think for me it would have to be the gun fight with brian in "gone". it always makes me chuckle when brian sits back up and says "thats never happened to me before" and mike just chuckles and pats his head!  :D

This was to be my nomination as well. I did, in fact, watch that scene over and over and still chuckle.
SergeantWatt
Also, the scene in 1.07 where Mike explains why Daisy is so upset followed by "Get in the car, you big ape." "Okay, then."
LewisBisley
The 2nd shoot out from episode 5 series 2.

"Let em have it"
ally
the thing abt the first gun fight for me is that everytime i watch it i think i'm not gonna find it funny coz i've seen it so many times. but then as the fight starts a big smile breaks out on my face which i can't control and by the end of it i'm laughing me arse off!
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I love some of the more bizarre lines, like when Mike is talking to the security guy whose also in the TA and he says some like

"I've got a new move. It involves draining all of a man's blood and replacing it with Tizer"

And the other guy just nods and agrees as if this is really normal.

Oh and the aforementioned Matrix bit and Mike's face afterwards which is a legendary visual gag. My mate had to replay it five times when he first saw it and he couldn't stop laughing for five minutes afterwards
ewok
I really love the clubbing episode, especially the bit in the club when Mike gets up and dances-its such a legendary show! there's a very sweet Tim and Daisy bit too!
Tyres really makes me laugh! of course i can't forget the robot wars scene where Daisy is pretending to be Phillipa, especially when Tim says Mike usually likes to be her happy.gif
Tyres
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 4 2005, 03:43 PM)
*Tim knocks on Brian`s door*
    B: Who is it?
    T: Father Christmas.
    *Brian opens the door excitedly, a smile on his face. Upon seeing Tim, the smile disappears.*
    B: Oh, it`s you.
    T: Who did you think it was?

biggrin.gif

This is my favourite bit also, Brian's face is great.
tartengirl
LOL theres so many!!!
The one with vulva and Tim freaks out after stopping up on speed all night, he goes crazy and thinks hes in resident evil, classic.
Where they go out and do lots of ecstasy and at the end of the night Mike is still dancing lol
Then the one with the chavs, that episode is funny throughout, i think its ace how they put all the ganj in daisys stew lol

Erm all drug related........i guess i just like realism in a programme and something that normal people can relate to biggrin.gif
tartengirl
Last time i was in a situation like this i wasnt using a stick
Youv seen combat?
Yes, yes i have
Where?
On...the television

LMAO, gets me eveytime
butterfly_with_a_bomb?
QUOTE (biboo @ Mar 13 2005, 02:56 AM)
OK thought of a comedy moment. I'm thinking of this in terms of the dialogue, the performances, the direction and editing (v.important the editing), for me everything comes together in this scene. I have one word.....BAFTA.

The Tekken 2 battle/argument scene from Ends (anything in bold text represents a cut to Tekken 2):

Tim: I'm going to pick up Mike from the T.A.

Daisy: Yeah alright, wha.. what time are you meeting Sarah?

T: Will you get off my back!

D: I'm not on your back.

T: You are, I-you-I-you-I can feel you, you're there like Jabba's little mate going "yahaha haha". Why can't you just wish me luck and say, "Have a good time."?

D: I'm not a hypocrite Tim, I'm not gonna wish you luck with something I think could be bad for you.

T: Well can't you pretend?

D: No.

T: You just don't want me to move out do you.

D: What!

T: You don't want me to move out.

D: Is that what you think this is about?

T: Well I..

D: You conceited little shit! Nina Williams side kicks Paul Phoenix

Don't you dare flatter yourself to think that I would stand in your way for my own ends. Another side kick from Nina

For your information I would be sad if you moved out, but it isn't about me. Nina throws Paul to the floor and punches him in the face

I'm your friend, and friends are supposed to look out for each other... and I think you're making a mistake, and if you're too stupid to see that, then someone... a friend... me... should point it out to you. Nina tosses Paul over her shoulder

T: Well OK, while were being friends, maybe I should be a friend to you, and point out to you, that you're just using my personal problems as another in a long line of excuses not to get out your bloody typewriter and do some work! Paul punches Nina in the head

D: I am not avoiding work! Nina sweep kicks Paul

T: Oh right OK, oh well, ooh let's have a party Paul jabs Nina, ooh let's do some theatre Paul jabs Nina, ooh let's get a dog Paul kicks Nina in the head, ooh let's spend hours in front of our bedroom mirror BOGLING TO ASWAD! Paul throws Nina over his head

D: That was research!

T: Well just keep telling yourself that Daisy OK, but I think I am big enough and ugly enough to make my own mistakes!

D: Well Sarah obviously does. Nina kicks Paul in the head and KOs him, followed by another kick to the head and a final sweep kick for good measure

>Tim looks hurt and turns to leave.

>Nina Williams performs her winning pose with a sweep of the arm.

>Door slams.

Daisy (mimicking Nina's winning pose): "Ha haha, ha haha, ha haha."

END

Admittedly this does lose a lot in text only format (not sure it was worth typing it all out), but this is one of those scenes that I have (literally) watched a hundred times and it never fails to make me laugh.

Simon, Jessica, Edgar, I salute you.

I always thought that was Tekken 3

S1 E1- When they're testing each other, " You've got a friend called Mike who's a weapons expert" cut to mike shooting a cat with a slingshot, Yes!
S1 E2-After Tim's dream of being attacked by his alien costume "You son of a bitch!"
S1 E3-OH, Brian, you came. No I just spilled my drink
S1 E4-and remember if we hurt others we're just hurting ourselves! Groovy!
S1 E5-(Deleted Scene) Do You wanna play Star Wars?
S1 E6-All the Tyres bits biggrin.gif !
S1 E7-Butterfly......Butterflly with a bomb!

S2 E1-YOU LANDO!
S2 E2-Are you sure you haven't been on holiday? How was Saigon? I speak no Vietnamise, English only!Bastard!
S2 E3- Oh Yah I Hadduh Fort Of Ah!
S2 E4-I know you, you're a massive wanker!
S2 E5-Now I get to go and run around in the dark with a gun and youve got to stay here and be good for uncle Mike, so get comfy because you my friend are going nowhere....Oh Bollocks.
S2 E6-If you upset him, I'll kill you!
S2 E7-You've got to be fucking joking!
Hobbes
My fave one is:

Tim: No hard feelings, eh?
Duane Bensie: Last time I saw you, you shot me in the bollocks
Tim: Yeah, like I said, no hard feelings.

biggrin.gif
drmanhattan
I'm partial to Vulva's "Puuudddiiing"

My goal is to make up a shirt with the Spaced logo on the front and that on the back. I was thinking about that line at work today and burst out laughing in my very quiet office and to make things worse I was staring at a blank computer screen so I had nothing to blame it on.

Oh well.

Puuddiinng!
call_to_arms
Spaced in my humble opinion is the greatest thing to ever be on TV I can watch it over and over and have not and never will tire of this great achievmeant!

However my faviroute bit or episode has to be episode 5 of the second series. "mens unspoken telepathey" just pure genius, any bloke who says they've never done that is either not real or in fact a women! brilliant just brilliant!

"thats never happened to me before!"
Kylock
QUOTE (claire @ Mar 4 2005, 04:56 PM)
The whole clubbing scene for me is the best thing ever!

Also, the whole of episode 5 series 2.

But probably, the part that makes me laugh the most and I can just watch over and over again, is the part in the coffee shop at the beginning of the first episode when Tim and daisy do their syncronised crying. God I love it  biggrin.gif

wow i like the clubbin bit too. specially simon innit
Wife Of Rolex
I've said this before actually (though, not on this thread) that I love the bit in the club scene when Mike is watching Tim starting to dance, just to catch the vibe of what he's doing. Then it cuts to Daisy still waiting at the cloakroom, then it cuts back to Mike starting to play with his whistle and begin to settle into things, then cut back to Daisy STILL waiting and then back to Mike now giving it the full pelt with Tim.

LOVE IT!!!

Wife Of Rolex
butterfly_with_a_bomb?
I apologise for thinking that it was Tekken 3, I admit I was wrong and since realising have jumped off my roof several times attempting to hurt myself(unsuccesful so far)
nixygirl
that whole episode of the simulated gun fight. smoking origano, "it's too orangy for crows", "what did you wanna be when you grew up'..."Monkey", it's ups and downs...just that whole montage bit and the drawings, the music...it's perfect!

that's usually the ep I introduce ppl who only have time for one episode or no patience too watch more than one.
I start them on that!
By then...they're hooked!
luvs nix
UncleBone
First post. Been holding off on joining due to a tale of woe I may share one day that involves me having my copies of Shaun and Spaced stolen by foes unknown...

Anyway, after five pages, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned any of the bits I can watch over and over.

Those are:

Tim: There'll be girls there
Brian: Girls?
Tim: Yeah
Brian: Mmm...

Then there's

Tim: Are you gay?
Brian: *ponders for a moment*... No

And the end credits of the clubbing episode with all but Mike wasted on the couch, bopping their legs. Very cool. In fact I'm glad they put the chapter break right at the clubbing scene as I could watch all of that over and over.

This and Black Books equal the finest UK TV since I left the country ten years ago.
UncleBone
QUOTE (UncleBone @ Apr 18 2005, 02:36 AM)
First post. Been holding off on joining due to a tale of woe I may share one day that involves me having my copies of Shaun and Spaced stolen by foes unknown...

Anyway, after five pages, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned any of the bits I can watch over and over.

Those are:

Tim: There'll be girls there
Brian: Girls?
Tim: Yeah
Brian: Mmm...

Then there's

Tim: Are you gay?
Brian: *ponders for a moment*... No

And the end credits of the clubbing episode with all but Mike wasted on the couch, bopping their legs. Very cool. In fact I'm glad they put the chapter break right at the clubbing scene as I could watch all of that over and over.

This and Black Books equal the finest UK TV since I left the country ten years ago.

Since I can't edit the post, I wanted to add that both of the scenes I mention are entirely down to Mark's pacing of the delivery.
rangerofdanger
Vulva's "puuddinngg"
is very funny me and hullobrian laughed about that for days but the one bit where they have a gun fight in the middle of Camden was ha ha ha
ally
i had that stuck in my head when i went to the meeting a couple of weeks ago and waitingforsimon then got pudding 5 secs after i sat down! laugh.gif oh how we laughed!
Funtuppet
Okay, I just had to add my two cents on this one:

In series 2 when Tim gets fired and throws a tantrum in the kitchen, the part where he puts up his fist and guzzles the drink from the bottle just kills me! The first time I saw it, with the image coupled with the sound effect of guzzling, I just keeled over and had to watch it over and over again!

Also, In teh very last episode when Tim goes to pick up Daisy at the train station, riding Private Iron. Just the way he looks sitting there with his legs forward and the axe between his legs, and the whole "alright?" "Alright." between him and Daisy. Its funny, yet kinda touching at the same time. I find myself watching that over and over.

Also the "So you had sex before you kissed?" ...."Yes."
UncleBone
"I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andie McDowell."

"I can't believe some of the sh*t I used to do with you."

And, having watched again tonight (with commentary), "Pudding" is masterful.

In fact pretty much everything Vulva says is hysterical. Not just the words, but the inflection. It takes skill to make "pudding" sound funny:)
silentdude
one place that makes me laugh everytime that hasn't been mentioned yet is where tim and mike are trying to get tims portfollio from darkstar and tim says "Are you ready Mike"
"I was born ready Timmy!"
"But are you ready now?"
"Um..... yeh"
silentreading
in 'gone', where brian throws the fake knife at tim, and he makes a great realistic sound effect..great man..cant think of anything else...ahh! ill be back,..
mulan
"hot dog, jumping frog, albuquerque"

the morning after they get the cheap speed off the scottish guys -
daisy - "where's mike now?"
tim - "dunno"
cut to mike running round a tree going "VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!"

and the bit where daisy's pulling the paper boy, absolute class! she looks so wasted!
tim - "daisy he's got a brace!"
daisy - "ooh.. i thought it was a piercing"
tim - "eugh!"

"go on, i'll 'ave a 'alf, 'ave a 'alf"
"...they're mints"

my first post, a-wahey!
UncleBone
Mike is just awesome. I love the way Tim and Mike hold hands and nobody ever notices.
A-Friend
QUOTE (silentdude @ Apr 23 2005, 08:11 PM)
one place that makes me laugh everytime that hasn't been mentioned yet is where tim and mike are trying to get tims portfollio from darkstar and tim says "Are you ready Mike"
"I was born ready Timmy!"
"But are you ready now?"
"Um..... yeh"

i did mention it earlier actually ...

Mike eating the coffee in the Darkstar offices ... in fact I think Mike is brilliant throughout that whole scene; "I was born ready timmy" plus the way he pops his head round the corner, scans the area and then ducks behind the doorway again.

but seeing as you quoted the whole bit of dialogue, i'll let you off. biggrin.gif
Gemma4441
coming back to the first episode, no-ones mentioned tims embarrassed face that he makes to the rest of the cafe when Daisy starts crying - i have watched that so many times and have yet to not find it so so funny...

...and i really love mike's wave from behind the door when Twist is introduced to the 'party'.

...oh and, of course Tim's leap up from the couch when daisy makes barking noises at him, and then he just goes back to normal, ha ha its just fried gold...
drmanhattan
Those are good...

My new favorite is during paintball when Duane says "when you get that feeling it's like..."

Then Mike who's concentrating on doing kug-fu moves just says "sexual healing" without even looking up or paying attention to what the conversation has been about. Best show ever.
Gemma4441
QUOTE (drmanhattan @ Apr 26 2005, 07:36 PM)
Those are good...

My new favorite is during paintball when Duane says "when you get that feeling it's like..."

Then Mike who's concentrating on doing kug-fu moves just says "sexual healing" without even looking up or paying attention to what the conversation has been about.  Best show ever.

mike just has a knack of randomly coming in with these comments that are just classically timed - i love the fact that he wasn't even an actor before spaced, altho i do feel like we missed out on quite a few years of comedy gold whilst he was being a waiter instead of acting!
Wife Of Rolex
Another bit I could watch again and again is when Tim, Daisy and Brian have just watched Stars Wars and you can hear Simon, Nick and Edgar's version of the Ewok song. Then just after as Tim's eyes are full of tears, he turns the volume down and tips his head back going 'Gaaahhhhh!!'

biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Wife Of Rolex
UncleBone
Any scene with Tyres.

Just got done watching my DVD of series 2. Fried gold indeed.
Svein
I can watch them all over and over again, but definitely the gun fight and where the music changes to the Platoon theme...

I also love...

"I'm Andy McNabb, I'm Andy McNabb, I'm Andie MacDowell. Hmmm"

and also

"I know you... Your a massive wanker."

And finally...

"Back to you, Tim."
"Thanks Marsha."

It's such a small throwaway moment, but pure fried gold none the less!
A-Friend
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 28 2005, 08:46 AM)
And finally...

"Back to you, Tim."
"Thanks Marsha."

It's such a small throwaway moment, but pure fried gold none the less!

YES! I love that little bit with marsha, especially "he was not wrong", not that funny (quite sad actually) but brilliant nonetheless!

Edit: (is "nonetheless" supposed to be one word? I'm sure Stella MM will tell me if I'm wrong tongue.gif )
kiss my empty bag
Probaly been mentioned I love the part when they are at the bar and they are "munted" and tim says he wanted to be a monkey and makes that sound oh it tickles my ribs! ( please note im sorry if no one know what scene hell im going on about!)
jamtart
Yawn. The miming fight scenes. In the street with the gang and in their kitchen. zzzzzzzzz everyone says that.

Tyres. Any scene with Tyres. Especially his tripping rant.

Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits . . .
kiss my empty bag
"FROZEN! in the headlights of the 21st century! "
TerryHenry
has anyone mentioned the (tiny) segment from the start of the 2nd series when tim's introducing everyone and mike is blindfolded , timing himself unstripping his sub machine gun ? ..... < un-masks himself , stops the clock .... YES!!!>

anyone??!?!?!? HAHAHAHA biggrin.gif
MargateSteve
Most of it to be honest but the bits that come to mind...........

The Tim/Brian waistcoat Chat
Brian, loser, big f**cking loser
Tim's phone chat with Mike when he is in Sheffield
Butterfly......butterfly with a bomb.

I noticed someone mentioned the synchronised crying..that is one of the few bits I find hard to watch!

Steve
Twiglet
I absolutely love it when Tim sings to Daisy on her birthday..
#Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Birthday to ya...Happy Birthday Dayyyyy." smile.gif
Lappy
QUOTE (MargateSteve @ May 1 2005, 09:16 PM)
Most of it to be honest but the bits that come to mind...........

The Tim/Brian waistcoat Chat

Do you think i should lose the waistcoat?

I think you should burn it... cos if you lose it, you might find it again...

laugh.gif
super_horse
The bit that i really like is in chaos were tim is going through the plan of attack and marsha is offering borbons around, then brian tries to take one but twist takes it insted then goes for another one but the plate is took away...hmmm doesnt look too good written down, but i erge u to watch it again, just so i know i'm not deluded
catherinecw
QUOTE (Icepick @ Mar 6 2005, 11:14 AM)
Definatly that bit when Mike 'dies' in paintballing. The way he coughs up paint makes me  grin like an idiot.

biggrin.gif

I'd have to say when Mike falls asleep and ends up in sheffield having changed at kings cross. Genious personified!

Kate (who changed at kings cross at some point in her life and ended up living in Sheffield) xx
gunfire
anything with mike in, here's a few:

daisy: "artist..........writer"
mike: (clearly) "....MIKE"

before paintball, in hushed action movie tone:
"let's play"

and the last episode where daisy and tim are looking for marsha and mike answers the door in a pinny and a rolling pin

tim: "what are you doing mike?
mike spins rolling pin around and catches it, "I'm baking"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.