Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bits you could watch again, and again, and again
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
SkipToTheEnd
you know what i mean. those bits of spaced that you could just watch again and again and agin, and still chuckle every time.

i love the part after bilbo says "im going to have to let you go" and tim goes "phew, for a minute there i thought you were going to fire me, wa, phew... i was like..." etc fried gold.
Starscream`s Ghost
*Tim knocks on Brian`s door*
B: Who is it?
T: Father Christmas.
*Brian opens the door excitedly, a smile on his face. Upon seeing Tim, the smile disappears.*
B: Oh, it`s you.
T: Who did you think it was?

biggrin.gif
claire
The whole clubbing scene for me is the best thing ever!

Also, the whole of episode 5 series 2.

But probably, the part that makes me laugh the most and I can just watch over and over again, is the part in the coffee shop at the beginning of the first episode when Tim and daisy do their syncronised crying. God I love it biggrin.gif
SkipToTheEnd
and then tim's little look when daisy says "i do have one homeless male friend"
ally
i think for me it would have to be the gun fight with brian in "gone". it always makes me chuckle when brian sits back up and says "thats never happened to me before" and mike just chuckles and pats his head! biggrin.gif

then in the same episode with the gunfight at the end with tim and daisy it almost brings a tear to my eye coz of the well chosen music huh.gif
WiseJoeyD
I enjoy the gun fight [groan] Hey! It's not THAT cliched an answer......

(Quick Google search finds 45,000,000 other replies like that)

Um well, since I've leant a friend my copy for the last, hmmm....wait a moment

[Runs off to break friends fingers and get back boxset, thats right BOXSET that I bought with my own free wil and NOT because of superliminal advertising at the Brits/NME/BAFTAs/drugged water]

...the ending bit?! [groans] Oh go put a cock in your mouth!*

*TM Jason Mewes - fantastic putdown
Alabama
In 2.4 the bit where Mike and Tim are stuck in traffic in the van on the way to Darkstar

T: What's the hold up?
M: There been an accident. Someone got hurt.
T: Who?
M: A lady.
T: How d'you know?
M: Because we hit her.
T: Did we?
M: Yeah. That's her there.
T: Ahhhh

biggrin.gif
alreadythere
Not part of the series as such, but I like the Matrix spoof trailer to Chaos - the dognapping episode. It's just so beautifully cinematic.
kiss my empty bag
i love the part when daisy is talking to tim about what shes gonna be like when shes thinks she gonna work for flaps and shes going on and on "ohh yolanda i've lost the file!..." and tims reaction is just so funny its the little things in life happy.gif
Footbacon
That bit in the bar when Daisy's saying "It's ups and downs, just ups and down, well not ups and downs, but....." yada yada yada

biggrin.gif
Dangleberry
"Lets Plaaaaay"
Footbacon
Ppph and that bit in the ep where Tims on the bean bag all day. Daisy walks in and wakes Tim up "Ayyye" and he carries on playing again....
Celticstar
the bit where tim burns his star wars stuff, thats exactly how i felt after episode 1! mad.gif
Intergalactopus
"You know when you said it went well? Well, when you said 'well', did you mean 'shite'?"

"Yes. I froze up, I just, made a tit of myself."

"How much of a tit?"

"I said... 'Girl Power'."

"Did you do this?" *puts up index and middle fingers*

"Yes."

*Turns, bites fist*

laugh.gif
And yes, I did consult the episode to bring the dialogue to you 100% error-free and accurate. I care happy.gif

I also love s1 ep6.

"Only for the- Only for the- Only for the hardcore UK raver!" wub.gif
Icepick
Definatly that bit when Mike 'dies' in paintballing. The way he coughs up paint makes me grin like an idiot.

biggrin.gif
Ohio_is_for_lovers
I love it when tim says "whoa there pickle" why, i dont know but its just the way he says it.

I also like daisy interviewing herself before going to her interview "what do you think about current affairs, well i like them, theyre good." i just find it amusing, its in my head right now, hehe
Lee
Brian, painter, big fucking loser.

Bilbo punching his dad cos he said Hawk The Slayer was rubbish (I love Hawk The Slayer)

Another vote for the whole clubbing scene, in fact any scene with tyres is a good scene, and while we're on the subject of whole Twist telling Brian she wants to see him as a whole with a w.
Twiglet
obviously (as my name might suggest) the part in EP3 S1 after Tim got drunk and punched Vulva and he's all
"What happened last night?"
"...we drank an enormous amount fo free wine, ate our body weight in Twiglets. And you punched an artist in the face."
"Shit. Im not supposed to eat Twiglets."
"Why not?"
"They make me violent."

Fried Gold indeed!!
baileys
'Let 'em have it' I can personally watch over and over and frequently do
SpaceSickPip
QUOTE (Intergalactopus @ Mar 6 2005, 03:29 AM)
"You know when you said it went well? Well, when you said 'well', did you mean 'shite'?"

"How much of a tit?"

"Yes."

*Turns, bites fist*

"Only for the-  Only for the-  Only for the hardcore UK raver!"  wub.gif

Love that...

QUOTE (Lee @ Mar 6 2005, 12:25 PM)
Brian, painter, big fucking loser.

... and that...

QUOTE (Twiglet @ Mar 6 2005, 12:29 PM)
EP3 S1 after Tim got drunk and punched Vulva and he's all
"What happened last night?"
"...we drank an enormous amount fo free wine, ate our body weight in Twiglets.  And you punched an artist in the face."
"Shit.  Im not supposed to eat Twiglets." 
"Why not?"
"They make me violent."

... and that biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ell
The bit when Tim asks Mike if he has any idea's of how to get into dark star, cut to matrix like siege and then back to mike again. The look he has after that is just classic.
Cult_Status02
I think I'm a "Hawk the Slayer" Fan..."I am no messenger, but I will give you a message. The message of death!"

any way, the part I always laugh at is obvioulsy the gun fights in Gone, but also (aside from every other joke) if I had to pick one, it would be ep 1.4: A lil' somthing like this (I'm watching it now)

Daisey: Richard's finished with me.
Tim: Well it's not that suprising is it? You were getting off with people behind his back. How come he finished with you?
Daisey: 'Cause I, was getting off with people behind his back.
Tim: Well how did he find out?
Daisey: When I told him you kno--, You, you told me to tell him, you said it would clear the air, you know, strengthen our relationship.
Tim: Hehehe, I didn't mean it!
Daisey: Oh you're evil!
Tim: I'm not the deciever here. I'm not the cheating Harpy.
Daisey: You're so damaged. Just 'cause sarah you, you feel justified in reaking your petty vengence on Woman kind (forcing the last few words out).
Tim: (nodding head quickly) Yes...Yes, and I'd do it again I tell you! I'd do it again in an instanst. ahhhhhhahahahahahahahahaa (Sadistic laughing, spins quickyl and jump through the window)
-Uh oh it was a flash back-
Tim: Sorry, sorry, so, um, are you ok?

-End scene- oh it's magnificant!!!! the flashback is brilliant, 3 and a half thumbs up.
SkipToTheEnd
QUOTE (Intergalactopus @ Mar 6 2005, 03:29 AM)

"How much of a tit?"

"Yes."

*Turns, bites fist*

laugh.gif
And yes, I did consult the episode to bring the dialogue to you 100% error-free and accurate. I care  happy.gif

I also love s1 ep6.

"Only for the-  Only for the-  Only for the hardcore UK raver!"  wub.gif

QUOTE (Cult_Status02 @ Mar 6 2005, 05:42 PM)
I think I'm a "Hawk the Slayer" Fan..."I am no messenger, but I will give you a message. The message of death!"

any way, the part I always laugh at is obvioulsy the gun fights in Gone, but also (aside from every other joke) if I had to pick one, it would be ep 1.4:  A lil' somthing like this (I'm watching it now)

Daisey: Richard's finished with me.
Tim: Well it's not that suprising is it?  You were getting off with people behind his back.  How come he finished with you?
Daisey: 'Cause I, was getting off with people behind his back.
Tim: Well how did he find out?
Daisey: When I told him you kno--, You, you told me to tell him, you said it would clear the air, you know, strengthen our relationship.
Tim: Hehehe, I didn't mean it!
Daisey:  Oh you're evil!
Tim:  I'm not the deciever here.  I'm not the cheating Harpy.
Daisey: You're so damaged.  Just 'cause sarah you, you feel justified in reaking your petty vengence on Woman kind (forcing the last few words out).
Tim:  (nodding head quickly) Yes...Yes, and I'd do it again I tell you!  I'd do it again in an instanst. ahhhhhhahahahahahahahahaa (Sadistic laughing, spins quickyl and jump through the window)
-Uh oh it was a flash back-
Tim:  Sorry, sorry, so, um, are you ok?

-End scene- oh it's magnificant!!!! the flashback is brilliant, 3 and a half thumbs up.

ah you people have excellent taste... i love those bits, it brings a tear to my eye just to think about them.
and then of course theres the bit in the toilet: "just for me and my dawg, you know the kia-ora advert" - "no"... genius
Philz
Mike eating coffee....love it
digsy
ESM: - "Watch where your going you idiot!"

Tim: - "Sorry i just know this road really well, and i've never seen an evil suspiscous looking man around here before"

ESM: - "What makes you think i'm evil and suspiscous looking?"

Tim: - "Alright! Just being friendly!"

Cracks me up. the way Tim says it.
Cazza
Daisy- Should I go reliable and frumpy or stupid and glamorous?
Tim- Something in between?
Daisy- Stupid and frumpy?
Tim- Save you getting changed...
Daisy-Tim I'm serious, this is important! I've got to get the right...
Tim-LOOK...

And also the bit when Daisy brings Colin back and her and Tim are looking at him. There is no dialogue but the camera pans between their expressions. Thought thinking about it the dialogue after is also a fave bit.

Daisy-How can you not love him he's so CUTE.
Tim- It's not what he is it's what he will become. It starts with "Oohs and ahhs" but later there's barking and biting....

...Tim-You'll come back from aerobics and find him slavering over the half eaten remains of some hapless handyman you left fixing the tumble dryer.

Daisy-We don't have a tumble dryer.
Tim- You will have my friend...you will.

Also one of the best outtakes is the 'Biking and camping' one

I know my quotes aren't to the letter but you get the jist :-)
sweetbutinsane
Gosh, I could go on forever listing all my favourite bits but I wont. Here are a few of them:

1) The end of series 2, episode 7 is my ultimate favourite bit. when Tim and Daisy are sitting on the beanbag together and Daisy rests her head on Tim's shoulder, and then Tim rests his head on Daisy's head. It's just sooooo sweet!

2) Tim's story in series 1, episode 4. I will qoute it - it may not be perfect, I have done it from memory.

Tim: Alright, I had a minor phobia when I was a kid.
Daisy: How minor?
Tim: I had to have counselling.
Daisy: Really? Sorry.
Tim: She said I had canaphobia. I was seven years old and I thought "Great, now I'm frightened of bamboo aswell."
Daisy: How many times did you go?
Tim: Three or four. It started to work, you know. I remember her saying to me "You've got about as much chance of being struck by lightning as you have of being bitten by a dog."
Daisy: So ... what's the problem?
Tim: Well, I was leaving the practice one day, feeling sort of really well-adjusted and happy, and this fucking great alsation just came haring down the road towards me, jaws slung with bloody slaver, eyes lit by the fire of Hades' eternal damned kingdom. It leapt into the air and I remember thinking "This is it. I'm seven years old, and this is the end." Fortunately, Lady Luck was smiling at me that day.
Daisy: What happened?
Tim: I got struck by lightning.
Daisy: WHAT?!
Tim: Yeah, it hurt, but it scared the shit out of the dog so ...
Daisy: So now you're scared of dogs and lightning.
Tim: And bamboo.

3)
Brian: I see my ex girlfriends. Well, not so much "see" as "watch"...

laugh.gif

4) In series 2, epsidoe 5 - well it's basically the whole episode. Some of the more memorable bits are ;

*The way Tim says "... or c) fall over and puke."
*The way Tim is just sitting there nodding throught most of the tequila scenes
*Daisy's Elvis impression
*The second gunfight
*The gang eating the stew at the end ... lol!

5) The whole of the last paintball scene in series 1, episode 4. It was just brilliant, with Tim's revenge and Mike's "death". biggrin.gif

There are other bits of course. I will come back and add some more top bits in a slightly shorter post but right now my dad is yelling at me to get off the internet ...
daisydouble
Ok well I'll agree with everyone so far, s2 ep5 is my favourite EVER and i watch it over and over. but as my quote suggests I find the part where brian and his mum are in the cafe HYSTERICAL it's just the way he says "and a large half caff frappaccino please, with er whipped cream and er marshmallow dunkers" and his mum says "i'll have the same. when in Rome...." and does a little heade wiggle! hahahahaha!

ooh also when Brian comes out of the flat with that tiny little fake phone and says "he's a big fish in a small pond and i'm a SHARK"

I also love the scene where daisy goes for her interview for flaps and says to the lady with Patrick Cox's "maybe next time you should wear your own shoes" and swings her bag and it hits her in the face...fried gold! laugh.gif
A-Friend
Already been said ... but Mike eating the coffee in the Darkstar offices ... in fact I think Mike is brilliant throughout that whole scene; "I was born ready timmy" plus the way he pops his head round the corner, scans the area and then ducks behind the doorway again.

Plus - and very surprised that no-one has said this yet - love the final scene in that episode after Mike asks where Tyres is, and he's dancing at the traffic lights!! genius!!

Actually, it looks as though I'm talking myself into making this my favourite episode (which I never thought it was) and, also may be convincing myself that Mike is my favourite charcter ... but love this:

Tyres: mines a pint of the black stuff
Mike: you can't drink a pint of bovril!

Don't want to repeat all the ones that have been said already, so a couple of other non-mentioned faves are:

mike coming out of the toilet reading "Oranges are not the only fruit" in the first episode of the second series (remember having to explain that whole thing to my girlfried, but the subtelty gets me every time!)

The scene with the tank - and especially Brian's little wave.

There!! that's done, must stop now otherwise will end up listing 10 secenes/gags from each episode which kind of goes against the definition of "favourite".
pudmaster3000
I'm new to this but, i could watch the 'gunfight' in the street with tim and daisy
against the boys over and over again. Pure brilliance!
sweetbutinsane
Ok I promised I'd be back with more, so here here I am. I will list one favourite bit from each episode then I will try not to post anymore (won't work, but at least I'm gonna make an effort) :-

Series 1, Episode 1 - The synchronized crying between Tim and Daisy.
Series 1, Episode 2 - "We should be listening to firm young melodies, kicking tunes, thumping bass, God I sound so stupid!"
Series 1, Episode 3 - The line about Twiglets making Tim violent.
Series 1, Episode 4 - Tim's manic laugh and jumping-out-the-window bit.
Series 1, Episode 5 - Tim bumping into James Eldridge and calling him an "evil suspicious looking man."
Series 1, Episode 6 - The Scrabble scene
Series 1, Episode 7 - The argument/Tekken bit.

Series 2, Episode 1 - Daisy kicking ass.
Series 2, Episode 2 - The beginning, with Amber chucking her suitcase out of the window.
Series 2, Episode 3 - "Timmy, fetch me my tools." Need I say more? laugh.gif
Series 2, Episode 4 - Tyres "going disco" at the traffic lights.
Series 2, Episode 5 - Tim constantly nodding in the Tequila scenes.
Series 2, Episode 6 - The argument and cake throwing bit.
Series 2, Episode 7 - Tim and Daisy snuggled up on the beanbag.

There, glad I got that out of my system ...
daisydouble
Ok this isn't technically a scene but i LOVE it in the series 2 outtakes when Simon does the going mad in the kitchen scene and
1) electrocutes himself
2) goes "humanahumanahumana" (or something like it laugh.gif ) along the worktops!!

Fried gold........................
Ingram
QUOTE (Alabama @ Mar 4 2005, 04:41 PM)
In 2.4 the bit where Mike and Tim are stuck in traffic in the van on the way to Darkstar

T: What's the hold up?
M: There been an accident. Someone got hurt.
T: Who?
M: A lady.
T: How d'you know?
M: Because we hit her.
T: Did we?
M: Yeah. That's her there.
T: Ahhhh

biggrin.gif

Fried Gold!
Simsydav
I have one, but it is in almost all the episodes.

Everytime Brian says 'meh', in response to Marsha saying hello.

hehe, I love Brian, so does my sister.

Oh, and the little wave at the end of Series 2, with the tank hehe.

Basically, any little action with Brian, when used with marsha.

Brian is the best Spaced character.
LiquidSeahorse
Series 1, Episode 6 - The Scrabble scene

Yes. Funny, funny, funny. "PROV" ... Like, Pantiene Pro V. Or.. whatever.
spacemonkey
The jumping out of the window bit. Love it... oh, and the rest of both series
meh
absolutely love "its too orangey for crows" often pops into my head for no reason and has me on the floor with people staring.

another fav is when Brian is hiding in his room as a painting, I think it might be Daisy that comes in looking for him, can't quite remember, but his face when they leave is imense!
ronlogan1977
Heads up..you wanna piece of me...take a bite of peach. And jumping through the window. Fried Gold with chips and a side salad of roasted platinum.
Dizzy-4U
Daisy: "In times like this I wish I was telepathic. And you Tim?"

Tim:

laugh.gif

Sara: "Tim, I split up with Duane"

Tim:

laugh.gif

Best show ever! A huge Spaced fan from Argentina says hello ^^.
feak
*phone rings*
Tim: Hello? Brian? No no, he's the weirdo downstairs. Oh! Sorry Brian, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, come up, ok, bye. Brian's coming up.
Daisey: Why did he phone?
Tim: I dunno, why did he pain his arse blue last week.
Daisey: You don't like him, do you?
Tim: I do like him, I just think he's a bit pretentious.
Brian: How do I look?
Tim: A bit pretentios.
Daisey: I think you look lovely, Brian.
Brian: Should I lose the waitcoat?
Tim: No, you should burn it, cause, y'know, if you lose it you might find it again.

Ep 1:3
LiquidSeahorse
Ah, Dizzy, that first one cracks me up.

Daisy: It's the times like this I wish I was telepathic. Don't you, Tim?

Pans to Tim's dumb look..

Daisy: Oh, damn.

HAHA! Of course you already kind of said that, but whatever.
Dizzy-4U
Yeah, my english is not that good (specially the british one), and my copy of spaced hasn't arrived yet (bought it from ebay like 2 weeks ago), so I'm trying to understand from what I hear....
I had to watch that part where Daisy cries at the first episode sooo many times because i didn't understand what the hell she was saying.... happy.gif
biboo
Not a comedy moment, but I could watch the clubbing scene from Epiphanies over and over again.

Just as the beats kick in from Camisra's "Let Me Show You" and each character has their own clubbing alter ego name check, I literally get shivers down my spine (probably due to an ickle bik of amphetamines still circulating around my system 10 years later).

Just say "NOOOOOO".
Ingram
QUOTE (biboo @ Mar 12 2005, 07:55 PM)
Not a comedy moment, but I could watch the clubbing scene from Epiphanies over and over again.

"Only for the, only for the, only for the hardcore UK raver!"

<3 Mike.
claire
I love what the conversation between Tyres and Daisy in series 2 episode 4.

When he asks her if she's come up with any new characters recently, she says "Dizzy Steinway". He thinks it's a really cool name and asks if she's some kind of jazz singer, to which Daisy replies, "it's the name I use to sign on with". Tyres then goes all fraky on her and says one of my favourite lines, "You should get off your arse and do some work Dizzy, or whatever your name isn't!"

He then goes all calm again and says, "nice hair by the way."

I love it!!!
Dizzy-4U
QUOTE (claire @ Mar 12 2005, 09:53 PM)
I love what the conversation between Tyres and Daisy in series 2 episode 4.

When he asks her if she's come up with any new characters recently, she says "Dizzy Steinway". He thinks it's a really cool name and asks if she's some kind of jazz singer, to which Daisy replies, "it's the name I use to sign on with". Tyres then goes all fraky on her and says one of my favourite lines, "You should get off your arse and do some work Dizzy, or whatever your name isn't!"

He then goes all calm again and says, "nice hair by the way."

I love it!!!

Really??? Lol. I haven't seen season 2 yet, so my nick was just a coincidence (actually it's from a fighting game)...
LiquidSeahorse
Hah, then he says something like, "[...]Sunflower, if that's your real name."
biboo
OK thought of a comedy moment. I'm thinking of this in terms of the dialogue, the performances, the direction and editing (v.important the editing), for me everything comes together in this scene. I have one word.....BAFTA.

The Tekken 2 battle/argument scene from Ends (anything in bold text represents a cut to Tekken 2):

Tim: I'm going to pick up Mike from the T.A.

Daisy: Yeah alright, wha.. what time are you meeting Sarah?

T: Will you get off my back!

D: I'm not on your back.

T: You are, I-you-I-you-I can feel you, you're there like Jabba's little mate going "yahaha haha". Why can't you just wish me luck and say, "Have a good time."?

D: I'm not a hypocrite Tim, I'm not gonna wish you luck with something I think could be bad for you.

T: Well can't you pretend?

D: No.

T: You just don't want me to move out do you.

D: What!

T: You don't want me to move out.

D: Is that what you think this is about?

T: Well I..

D: You conceited little shit! Nina Williams side kicks Paul Phoenix

Don't you dare flatter yourself to think that I would stand in your way for my own ends. Another side kick from Nina

For your information I would be sad if you moved out, but it isn't about me. Nina throws Paul to the floor and punches him in the face

I'm your friend, and friends are supposed to look out for each other... and I think you're making a mistake, and if you're too stupid to see that, then someone... a friend... me... should point it out to you. Nina tosses Paul over her shoulder

T: Well OK, while were being friends, maybe I should be a friend to you, and point out to you, that you're just using my personal problems as another in a long line of excuses not to get out your bloody typewriter and do some work! Paul punches Nina in the head

D: I am not avoiding work! Nina sweep kicks Paul

T: Oh right OK, oh well, ooh let's have a party Paul jabs Nina, ooh let's do some theatre Paul jabs Nina, ooh let's get a dog Paul kicks Nina in the head, ooh let's spend hours in front of our bedroom mirror BOGLING TO ASWAD! Paul throws Nina over his head

D: That was research!

T: Well just keep telling yourself that Daisy OK, but I think I am big enough and ugly enough to make my own mistakes!

D: Well Sarah obviously does. Nina kicks Paul in the head and KOs him, followed by another kick to the head and a final sweep kick for good measure

>Tim looks hurt and turns to leave.

>Nina Williams performs her winning pose with a sweep of the arm.

>Door slams.

Daisy (mimicking Nina's winning pose): "Ha haha, ha haha, ha haha."

END

Admittedly this does lose a lot in text only format (not sure it was worth typing it all out), but this is one of those scenes that I have (literally) watched a hundred times and it never fails to make me laugh.

Simon, Jessica, Edgar, I salute you.
Ingram
"It's not a bedsit, it's a flat"

The whole paintballing thing has to be one of my favourites.
louisey
my current fave is when they sneak into darkstar comix...

t: ready mike?

m: i was born ready timmy

t: yeah but are you ready now

m: errrrr.... yeah

and mike eating coffee!! cute

altho as i'm writing this, a million more favourites are popping into my head...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.