Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zombie-Beating-Weapons (zbw)
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Shaun of the Dead
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Icepick
Okay, so you've all seen the movie, read the interviews about "how crap Simon and Edgar would be in a real zombie invasion" some of you have got the t-shirt.
But even less of you have actually attacked/been attacked by zombies.
Humour me if you will, but what would you use to protect yourself if faced with hordes of undead?

ME - My bro's martial art weapons (wooden poles, stick/club thingys. My baseball bat would be fun).

A guns good, but you have to reload and aim and etc.......
whitey
An iron. For some reason if there's a noise in the house it's always the first thing I grab.
Omniscia
Out of the stuff I have laying about the house, I'd go with the baseball bat, the axe (definitely the axe), the sabre, and, um... The hedge trimmer.
frostitute
MY CARDBOARD TUBE.
Icepick
QUOTE (frostitute @ Mar 7 2005, 08:58 PM)
MY CARDBOARD TUBE.

good lord, give those poor zombies a chance man!
Intergalactopus
My dad's 12 gauge (sp?). It's long and heavy so when I run out of ammo I can use it as a beating stick.
ally
*boasting* i'd use my SIGNED by Simon Pegg cricket bat! tongue.gif
Cult_Status02
pft, I use my skate board. If you have ever been hit a board before you would use one too, they hurt! wacko.gif
waitingforsimon
I would use my walking stick to both hit the Zs and to make my escape with!!! Bxxx
Cornetto
I would get an umbrella and impale a zombie with it then open it This would have made a good effect in any zombie film!
ally
QUOTE (Cornetto @ Mar 8 2005, 01:38 PM)
I would get an umbrella and impale a zombie with it then open it This would have made a good effect in any zombie film!

has that been used in a film??! it seems vaguely familiar!
Cult_Status02
I think it's just that awesome of an idea.
Julie
Definately not my vynil, thats for sure!
Looking around my room now, there's a rather menacing lamp I might consider. Aside from that, I appear quite defenceless!
ally
EDIT: vinyl tongue.gif
Julie
QUOTE (ally @ Mar 8 2005, 10:38 PM)
EDIT: vinyl  tongue.gif

Ew!! GROSS! Thank you. What an ugly one that is!
Ingram
QUOTE (ally @ Mar 8 2005, 02:59 AM)
*boasting* i'd use my SIGNED by Simon Pegg cricket bat!  tongue.gif

Gotta have the cricket bat, but I wouldnt waste any of my autographed stuff on Zombies tongue.gif
Cornetto
QUOTE (Cult_Status02 @ Mar 9 2005, 01:16 AM)
I think it's just that awesome of an idea.

At leat someone knows good Ideas when they hear them tongue.gif
m0r1arty
What if your spouce got zombiefied?

Would you be a zombie-wife beater or a zombie-husband beater?

I'd use my personality to scare of those zombie mothers!

-m0r
ally
QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 9 2005, 09:18 AM)
Gotta have the cricket bat, but I wouldnt waste any of my autographed stuff on Zombies tongue.gif

i'd make sure i use the other side so the autograph says intact!
Ingram
QUOTE (ally @ Mar 9 2005, 02:59 PM)
i'd make sure i use the other side so the autograph says intact!

It's only common sense wink.gif
rabbit57i
QUOTE (ally @ Mar 8 2005, 07:11 PM)
has that been used in a film??! it seems vaguely familiar!

I have definitely seen this and fairly recently also. However, since I watch sooo much these days, I couldn't tell you what film it was.
Omniscia
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Mar 9 2005, 12:19 PM)
I have definitely seen this and fairly recently also. However, since I watch sooo much these days, I couldn't tell you what film it was.

Yeah, it sounds familiar to me, as well. Google's no help, though, since any zombie-related search on "umbrella" just pulls up Resident Evil stuff.
Celticstar
well i wouldn't use my vinyl like in shawn of the dead maybe a meat cleaver or something smile.gif
MissingPlanet
Living on the 3rd floor, I'd try dropping heavy things on them from agreat height like the TV or my SCUBA tank.

Close quarters, my diving knife, the ironing board or a ski.
tameblue
I'd definitely use my pregnant wife as a shield...two for the price of one.
She'd understand....she loves me....and I'd make sure I only shagged moderately ugly people when the time to repopulate the planet comes around....well except real mingers.
Celticstar
QUOTE (tameblue @ Mar 9 2005, 07:49 PM)
I'd definitely use my pregnant wife as a shield...two for the price of one.
She'd understand....she loves me....and I'd make sure I only shagged moderately ugly people when the time to repopulate the planet comes around....well except real mingers.

lmao pregnant women are seriously dangerous, i feel sorry for the zombies ohmy.gif
winger
a feather duster.... or failing that .. colourful language
fatseff1234
i would use the heavy end of my snooker cue.
Omniscia
Now that I think of it, a nice, strong mannequin leg -- if there is such a thing -- with a very well-sharpened ice skate on its foot might make an effective weapon, if you don't have an ice pick or something handy.
Icepick
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 10 2005, 04:07 PM)
...if you don't have an ice pick or something handy.

Yeh, i am a pretty good friend to have when it comes down to it [/chessyness]
Ingram
I'm leaning towards a nice 12 guage shotgun...
sweetbutinsane
I'd use those buns I made in Food today ...
Simsydav
Well, at the moment I have my two crutches.

After that, I seem to be stocking up allot of long knives in my cupboard for some reason...

I also like fire smile.gif
SkipToTheEnd
I would dress up in a home-made costume covered in spikes. Then, when a zombie comes to feast upon my flesh, thus turning me likewise into a denizen of fiery Hades, it would be instantaneously impaled!

Obviously i wouldnt know how to go about making such clothing so bugger that idea. Maybe it's something Blue Peter could do - just in case.
Icepick
............................................................uh, when did you need to make a spiky costume? happy.gif

*fairly speechless/scared/aroused*
SkipToTheEnd
QUOTE (Icepick @ Mar 10 2005, 07:36 PM)
............................................................uh, when did you need to make a spiky costume?  happy.gif
*fairly speechless/scared/aroused*

What?
Icepick
QUOTE (SkipToTheEnd @ Mar 10 2005, 07:27 PM)
I would dress up in a home-made costume covered in spikes.

This part, the bit where you talk about your own spiky costume...... what do u need it for usually?
Ingram
huh.gif
WiseJoeyD
I'd go for dumbell (preferably without weights on it unless you want to give the zombies more flesh to munch on).

Heavy, but very bad for the head.

We also have various guitars so we could do a ocmedy routine smashing them in time

Dong
Bong
Dong
Bong

[hmmm...in my head it sounds more like a gong!]
sweetbutinsane
Ok, I can't use the buns because I ate them (and broke all of my teeth in the process) so my next weapon of choice would be a Britney Spears song. Muahahahaha! Or is that too cruel? If it is then I guess I'd use my Dad's hefty steering wheel lock because that would do some serious damage.
whixie
As soon to be written about in the dreams thread: a fork.
spacemonkey
I wonder how much damage you could do with a staple gun. Perhaps a nail gun would be better like in Arachnophobia. Zombies are a bit bigger than spiders...

Ok, I'd go for the motorbike chain
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (spacemonkey @ Mar 12 2005, 05:43 PM)
I wonder how much damage you could do with a staple gun.  Perhaps a nail gun would be better like in Arachnophobia.  Zombies are a bit bigger than spiders...

Ok, I'd go for the motorbike chain

Staple gun ... *shivers* I have a mortal fear of any type of stapler/staple gun after World Book Day 2002 ... no, I'm not being irrational. They are highly dangerous ... perfect to use on zombies!
shazam
giant george forman grill pile em in,samurai sword would be cool but it would be hard if there were alot of them,mini gun oh yes.
Amazongirl
If I was stuck in my bedroom at uni, Id use not the plastic samurai sword, but its hard case!

Um at home home, for somer reason theres a Curtain pole in my room, Id use that like the tennis hitball thing!
shazam
the swing ball was class
Trunks
erm... i'm almost shocked not to see the combination of "a s-mart shotgun" and "a chain saw for a hand"... maybe i should say it... smile.gif
Icepick
QUOTE (shazam @ Mar 15 2005, 04:37 PM)
giant george forman grill pile em in,samurai sword would be cool but it would be hard if there were alot of them,mini gun oh yes.

george forman Grill, biggrin.gif

But what i meant was stuff that you actually have at hand (i.e., in the house) for realistic puposes.

Oh, and for comic value.

tongue.gif
Omniscia
QUOTE (Trunks @ Mar 15 2005, 03:38 PM)
erm... i'm almost shocked not to see the combination of "a s-mart shotgun" and "a chain saw for a hand"... maybe i should say it... smile.gif

Yeah, but neither of those could plausibly be found in someone's home/immediate vicinity.
Cornetto
I would use a frozen loaf of bread if I was desperate and my best friendís father is a lumberjack. After he had been eaten I would use the chainsaw collection under the stairs. It's messy business killing zombies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.