Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bond
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Svein
Could Brosnan be back?
Ingram
Yeah I read that this morning. I wish they'd make up their minds because he isn't getting any younger, let's face it.
kateykinz
I hope so. He is one charming MF
Rushmore
I'm not a big fan of the bond films, but Brosnan makes a good bond.
Starscream`s Ghost
I`ve said this before, so many times....LET BOND DIE.
Svein
I would like to see Brosnan back...

Just as long as they don't go with Farrell or Owen for the next Bond...

Who's with me when I say that Alexis Denisof should be the next Bond!
kateykinz
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 5 2005, 02:30 PM)

Well he looks the part but he's not British so I say no!
Personally, I would prefer a nice looking unknown English gent.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 5 2005, 02:26 PM)
he isn't getting any younger, let's face it.

yeah, but look at Sean Connery in Never say Never again (53), or Roger Moore in A view to a Kill (58)

... huh.gif Oh yeah. laugh.gif
Ingram
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 5 2005, 02:29 PM)
I`ve said this before, so many times....LET BOND DIE.

If Bond dies after this last one I won't mind. But only if it's a good outing for 007. Let's be honest most people will only be happy if Bond leaves after there has been one last really great film. However if they do make that film it will be more than likely that people want to cash-in on its popularity and make a few more. Then the whole cycle starts over again.
Svein
QUOTE (kateykinz @ Apr 5 2005, 02:35 PM)
Well he looks the part but he's not British so I say no!
Personally, I would prefer a nice looking unknown English gent.

Neither is Brosnan (Irish) nor was Lazenby (Aussie)...

I don't care if the ACTOR'S British, just as long as they can sound British, and after seeing Denisof convince most of the world that he was a Brit, I say let him have a crack at it!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 5 2005, 02:45 PM)
Neither is Brosnan (Irish) nor was Lazenby (Aussie)...

I don't care if the ACTOR'S British, just as long as they can sound British, and after seeing Denisof convince most of the world that he was a Brit, I say let him have a crack at it!

Psst...Lazenby was a Kiwi, wasn`t he?
ronlogan1977
Charlie Higsons book Silverfin looks like its going to be turned into a movie so there'll be casting for a young James Bond as well.
Svein
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 5 2005, 02:46 PM)
Psst...Lazenby was a Kiwi, wasn`t he?

Nope... born in Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia !
Marty
David Tennant!
Starscream`s Ghost
If it stops him ruining Doctor Who, sure.
Svein
Fuck No!
Marty
tongue.gif
beatoswald
bonnie greer should be bond, tom paulin as a bond boy and mark lawson as blofeld.
Svein
QUOTE (beatoswald @ Apr 5 2005, 03:36 PM)
bonnie greer should be bond, tom paulin as a bond boy and mark lawson as blofeld.

You're smoking crack again!
Draven Grey
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 5 2005, 09:30 AM)

Alexis Denisof would be an awesome James Bond.

(Even though I prefer the scruffy I'm-bunning Lilah-and-wanting-Fred look over the cleanshaven/polished he was sporting at the end of the series.)
Ingram
Dylan Moran for Bond, playing him in a Bernard Black-esque fashion.

happy.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 5 2005, 02:44 PM)
Dylan Moran for Bond, playing him in a Bernard Black-esque fashion.

Good call. biggrin.gif
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 5 2005, 02:51 PM)
If it stops him ruining Doctor Who, sure.

Saw Casanova last night, I thought he be great in the job! (Although "Richard Hammond look-a-like" did keep running though my head at the same time! tongue.gif).
Marty
I was only bloody kidding, you silly sausages.

But now you come to mention it......

(still kidding!)
Raven
QUOTE (Marty @ Apr 5 2005, 08:37 PM)
I was only bloody kidding, you silly sausages.

But now you come to mention it......
(still kidding!)

I meant as The Doctor, NOT bond . . . tongue.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
I`m guessing Clive Owen will be the next Bond.
Svein
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 6 2005, 01:40 AM)
I`m guessing Clive Owen will be the next Bond.

I sure as hell hope not... He'd be worse than Dalton!
Ingram
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 6 2005, 09:16 AM)
I sure as hell hope not...  He'd be worse than Dalton!

That's a bit strong. Owen would be worse than Brosnan, but Timothy Dalton is an institution - no Bond can be worse than him, it just wouldnt be right.
Svein
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 6 2005, 11:02 AM)
That's a bit strong.  Owen would be worse than Brosnan, but Timothy Dalton is an institution - no Bond can be worse than him, it just wouldnt be right.

Lazenby?
Ingram
Actually I've heard very strong arguments to suggest that Lasenby was a superior bond to Roger Moore. I didn't agree with it, but the argument was certainly convincing. Dalton remains the worst.
Svein
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 6 2005, 11:04 AM)
Actually I've heard very strong arguments to suggest that Lasenby was a superior bond to Roger Moore.  I didn't agree with it, but the argument was certainly convincing.  Dalton remains the worst.

Was that the old "Say Roger Moore was worse than Lazenby or well kill your little girl!" arguement?
widowspider
I hated Moore as Bond. Yuck.
Clive Owen could be good, I think. He's got the right qualities. But there's been talk for aages about whatshisface playing Bond - Colin Salmon. I know he was another character in Die Another Day, but I've heard it touted a couple of times that he could be the new 007.
Ingram
I think Connery and Brosnan both have good cases for the top spot - I too never was a fan of Moore.
Svein
ALEXIS DENISOF

Why do none of you see the light?
Ingram
An actor from the Buffyverse cannot be Bond, it's just crazy talk!
Svein
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 6 2005, 11:49 AM)
An actor from the Buffyverse cannot be Bond, it's just crazy talk!

Wrong on so many accounts...
Ingram
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 6 2005, 11:52 AM)
Wrong on so many accounts...

Explain. For me Alexis Denisof will always be Wesley, and Pierce Brosnan will be Bond. Either of them doing anything else will have no effect on me, unless it is absolutely superb.
Svein
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 6 2005, 11:53 AM)
Explain.  For me Alexis Denisof will always be Wesley, and Pierce Brosnan will be Bond.  Either of them doing anything else will have no effect on me, unless it is absolutely superb.

And people once said "Brosnan will always be Remmington Steele" and "Moore will always be The Saint."

Actors move on... Think outside the role, man!

Hell, people had a problem with Tony Head as anything other than the Gold Blend Bloke!
Jubei
George Lazenby was the worst Bond ever!!! Timothy Dalton was a great bond!!!

Why are you all so wrong?
Ingram
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 6 2005, 11:58 AM)
And people once said "Brosnan will always be Remmington Steele" and "Moore will always be The Saint."

Actors move on...  Think outside the role, man!

Hell, people had a problem with Tony Head as anything other than the Gold Blend Bloke!

It's not that, it's just that Denisof would be going from one well-established cult character to another. A Bond, more often than not, will be in more than one film and so that character will develop and become his own - in theory. I think that he should do more of something else, if he wants to do movies then maybe two or three rom/com's or something simple before embracing a completely new role such as this. He has done so little since Angel/Buffy that it would be too big a step, for me at least.
Svein
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 6 2005, 12:16 PM)
It's not that, it's just that Denisof would be going from one well-established cult character to another.  A Bond, more often than not, will be in more than one film and so that character will develop and become his own - in theory.  I think that he should do more of something else, if he wants to do movies then maybe two or three rom/com's or something simple before embracing a completely new role such as this.  He has done so little since Angel/Buffy that it would be too big a step, for me at least.

And Remmington Steele and The Saint were not cult shows?!?
Ingram
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 6 2005, 12:18 PM)
And Remmington Steele and The Saint were not cult shows?!?

Not NEARLY as big as the Buffyverse, which he has played the same role for two hit TV shows...
Svein
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 6 2005, 12:19 PM)
Not NEARLY as big as the Buffyverse, which he has played the same role for two hit TV shows...

And any actor worth his salt will be able to shake that image...

Not to diss Tom Baker, but by his own admission, he was always playing The Doctor as Tom Baker, so that was always going to be hard for him to get other roles. Whilst Buffy was big, there are far more people who would go watch a Bond movie that have never seen Buffy or Angel for it to matter very little!
superfurryandy
Hello.
Svein
QUOTE (superfurryandy @ Apr 6 2005, 12:42 PM)

According to the Sun... so it's probably bollox, and it if is true...WHAT THEY FUCK?

Sorry Clive... I was wrong... there is someone worse!
superfurryandy
Craig's a mighty fine actor (Tomb Raider was done for the money) - seen him on stage up against Michael Gambon (by coincidence, he was considered for Bond in his younger days), and it was one of the best theatrical experiences of my life.
whitey
QUOTE (superfurryandy @ Apr 6 2005, 01:03 PM)
Craig's a mighty fine actor (Tomb Raider was done for the money) - seen him on stage up against Michael Gambon (by coincidence, he was considered for Bond in his younger days), and it was one of the best theatrical experiences of my life.

Wouldn't want to waste him on Bond then.
superfurryandy
Well, quite.
The Phantom
QUOTE (Jubei @ Apr 6 2005, 10:59 AM)
George Lazenby was the worst Bond ever!!!  Timothy Dalton was a great bond!!!

Why are you all so wrong?

agreed, Lazenby just wasn't right and didn't bring anything to it. Dalton brought a grittier edge. Connery was the best all round bond, Moore brought a different more comedic feel to it and Brosnan just looks the part but I don't really like his Bond.
k-man
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 5 2005, 01:25 PM)

The new bond is going to be Daniel Craig the lead actor in layor cake, looks pretty rugged and tough so he could bring back the sean connery role of hitting woman and not thinking twice bout killing anyone who gets in his chamimg path the way bond should be ruthless, a bit like mr Jack Bauer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.