Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention Classic British Horror Fans
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Serafina_Pekkala
Hello there - well i'm offa to London in May and i'm gonna check in to see this play at the NT (like a luvvie) ... if you like the wonderful Jim Broadbent, the beauteous Rachel Stirling, classic British Horror and/or Vincent Price movies like i do, why not check it out the new version of Theatre of Blood.

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=12014
http://www.improbable.co.uk/show_example.asp?item_id=10

Music is by Joby Talbot of the Divine COmedy who also did the music for League of Gentlemen.

Which leads me to thisssssssssss ... Frightfest 2005 - which includes a preview of League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse and From Beyond the Grave double bill. Hopefully i will see this too - 28th May ...

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/perl/search.pl?LABEL=2004&T=main

Just thought i would spread the word.

Sefi x
Sostie
THeatre Of Blood...on stage...with Broadbent. How tempting is that. Thanks Sefi
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 22 2005, 09:51 AM)
THeatre Of Blood...on stage...with Broadbent.  How tempting is that.  Thanks Sefi

I KNOW!!! It is 36 a ticket but i figure you would pay that to see a second rate indie band festival date thing. And i doubt Broadbent would dissappoint!!! I mean - the murders would be fabulous ... i can't think of anyone better to take on the role actually.

Sefi x
Withnail
Pretty damn cool! I see that Stirling wub.gif is playing the same part that her mother (Diana Rigg wub.gif ) played in the 1973 original.
A-Friend
on a vaguely related note ... Woman In Black is a brilliant production. I can't remember the name of the theatre now, but its been running for donkey's years, and is superbly simple and frightening in equal measures. Definitely worth a viewing!

Also the book is pretty good as well.

edit - its in London by the way.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 22 2005, 09:57 AM)
I KNOW!!!  It is 36 a ticket but i figure you would pay that to see a second rate indie band festival date thing.  And i doubt Broadbent would dissappoint!!! I mean - the murders would be fabulous ... i can't think of anyone better to take on the role actually.

Sefi x

Its a shame the NT isnt an old skool theatre...the finale in the old theatre could have been very interesting....the theatre you are watching it in becomes the set.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 22 2005, 10:23 AM)
Its a shame the NT isnt an old skool theatre...the finale in the old theatre could have been very interesting....the theatre you are watching it in becomes the set.

Yeah - how cool would that have been - like that Batchelorette video for Bjork - a theatre in a theatre.

Rachael Stirling is the ONLY person to play any of her mum's roles. She is utterly lovely.

Sefi x
pick-puff-pickle
Theater of blood on stage...that sounds absolutely amazing, cheers sefi....be still my slowly oozing heart biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.