Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite Film Posters
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2
Sostie
Sean of the Dead
Ell

I just love how it looks about ten times more epic that the film actually is...
pots
nice choice sostie, that poster looks amazing.

my favourites are betty blue, the big blue and blue velvet. on my blue fucking walls.

i love boil in the bag perversion too.

edit - i missed the blues brothers.
Ingram
shinyelvenqueen
beatoswald
Some i like:

- Red Beard

- Nosferatu

- Playtime

- Cul-de-sac

- Repulsion

- The Killing

- Knife In The Water
A-Friend
I used to have a great scarface poster on my wall at uni. I've looked for it on the web, but can't find it, however this one is pretty good as well:

spacegurl
A bit of an obviouis choice;
m0r1arty
My fav posters are:

and

Can't get it on DVD though...

Know I guy who said he conceptualised this....from Hull.

Scary shit!

-m0r
Zoe
I have two full size film posters framed in my living room (in beautiful frames I got for my birthday a couple of years ago):

I have also have this framed in my bathroom:

Along my hallway I have a very long poster that I can't get framed because of its size. I got it free from my local video store in about 1991. It's the image of Edward Scissorhands with the butterfly on his blades, but rather than the theatrical portrait version it's landscape and very long with Edward Scissorhands written from left to right and then the image of Depp on the far right. I can't find a picture of it unfortunately, which probably means if I'd kept it in better condition it migth have been worth a few bob.
m0r1arty
Damn I looked for Vertigo and Suspicion which are amongst my fav films ever!!

Found em now though!, Cheers Zoe

-m0r
Sostie
Zoe, you beat me to the Vertigo poster. Saul Bass was a design genius.

Two from my personal collection that I have soft spots for

The Italian Job

And forgotten 70's possessed car movie. The Car

Zoe
Rather embarrassingly my love for film posters and stills doesn't stop at home. Here is my office...

Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 3 2005, 11:56 AM)
Rather embarrassingly my love for film posters and stills doesn't stop at home. Here is my office...

Similar decorative madness had to end at home, to be replaced by shelving. I now have hundreds of film stills piling up at home - didnt help that the film memorabilia shop near work closed down and had hundreds of thousands of stills for sale price in the basement - 50p - some dating back to the 50's. I was in hog heaven
Zoe
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 3 2005, 01:07 PM)
Similar decorative madness had to end at home, to be replaced by shelving.  I now have hundreds of film stills piling up at home - didnt help that the film memorabilia shop near work closed down and had hundreds of thousands of stills for sale price in the basement - 50p - some dating back to the 50's.  I was in hog heaven

We go open plan in October - but I'm actually leaving this office next month, 3 years' worth of crap will have to come down.

I'm very very sad about it.
Sostie
At least they are being seen...something a little sad about me keeping all these posters and stills hidden away. I think I'm holding out hope that one day I will own a property with miles of wall space and that is next door to a cheap frame shop.
superfurryandy

Sostie
A few Takeshi Kitano faves

Kikujiro

Ingram
Kill Bill had some truly excellent posters:

Vol. 1:

Vol. 2:

A-Friend
QUOTE (Ingram @ Jun 3 2005, 02:00 PM)
Kill Bill had some truly excellent posters:

Vol. 2:

hmmm - don't recognise that second one!! think the link may be wrong there ingram, but you're right KB did have some great posters!
Raven
I have this one in my living room:

Sostie
QUOTE (A-Friend @ Jun 3 2005, 01:03 PM)
hmmm - don't recognise that second one!! think the link may be wrong there ingram, but you're right KB did have some great posters!

Considering the shape of the poster it may be American, and the lack of detail it could be a teaser. The great thing about film posters is that there are many variants depending on country and time of release.
Sostie
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 3 2005, 01:06 PM)
I have this one in my living room:

Mmm..isn't she luvverly. I have the Japanese version (which I personally prefer)

Zoe
Downsy
Where's that version of Star Wars from Zoe ? I got the classic Luke with ripped abs version for my 30th (must put that up on my wall at some point)
whitey

The third one was a bit ruined by having Steenburgen on it. Should have gone with Tannen. Or Strickland.

The Kikujiro and Amelie ones are beautiful. I love Japanese movie posters.

whitey

These guys know how to sell me a cinema ticket.
spacegurl
Zoe
I'd have thought you'd go for this one spacegurl

Sostie
I know this is a DVD cover, bit it was also the European (and occaisional UK) poster

I was going to post a load of these...but Whitey had posted 3 of them already..yer bugger!

spacegurl
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 3 2005, 03:14 PM)
I'd have thought you'd go for this one spacegurl

I know, I do love that poster. smile.gif
whitey
Have you seen Final Wars yet? Any good?

More Kubrick.

And check out this fucked up Polish one.

Innerspace! It's fucking Innerspace!
Sostie
QUOTE (whitey @ Jun 3 2005, 02:23 PM)
Have you seen Final Wars yet? Any good?

Innerspace! It's fucking Innerspace!

Not seen it yet. Have a friend that keeps on promising to bring it into work.

That Innerspace poster is fantastic. Poland produces some the oddest/most beautiful posters around.

http://www.cinemaposter.com/FSTallgal.html
shinyelvenqueen
i know its not ut yet but........

superfurryandy
QUOTE (shinyelvenqueen @ Jun 3 2005, 03:46 PM)
i know its not ut yet but........

Ooh - I'm looking forward to that one - is it about a Greek lion?

Dickie Attenborough's finest moment.

shinyelvenqueen
QUOTE (superfurryandy @ Jun 3 2005, 03:51 PM)
Ooh - I'm looking forward to that one - is it about a Greek lion?

you must be thinking of Aslan in the new Narnia film.

its about a guy who likes to dress in black rubber and run wild thru the streets at night, & he misses his mom (hmmm) huh.gif
rabbit57i
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 3 2005, 07:16 AM)
I think I'm holding out hope that one day I will own a property with miles of wall space and that is next door to a cheap frame shop.

Don't we all wish for this. biggrin.gif
Raven
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 3 2005, 02:11 PM)
Mmm..isn't she luvverly.  I have the Japanese version (which I personally prefer)

I prefer this one:

But the one I have was a birthday present.
Sostie
Some more of those strange Polish posters

Apocalypse now

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

The Untouchables

Tootsie
Pvt Iron {T F U}
multiple posts wtf!
Pvt Iron {T F U}
???
Pvt Iron {T F U}
my faves

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
spacegurl
whitey

whitey

Zoe
Hobbes
QUOTE (whitey @ Jun 4 2005, 01:21 PM)

I have that very poster on my bedroom wall. Yay!

Nuff said.
Stantz
Two of my best

Rushmore
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.